Their Pride Part 48

Chapter 47

Jones walked towards me with a blank expression on his face, and I could feel my emotions start to lose control.  My eyes began to water.  I looked over at Seb and glared.  This was his entire fault.  We should have waited; I wasn’t ready, and I wouldn’t be ready.  One of the babies kicked; I knew it was Jessie, but the little girl could wait.  Dealing with Jones was on the top of my list of things to do.

“Don’t cry, my queen,” Jones said as he stepped towards me.

I pressed the heels of my hands against my eyelids.  “I am not crying.  I do not cry.”

Hands grabbed my arms and pulled them away from my face.  Jones gave me a small smile, which was as much emotion as he seemed to show.  “You didn’t mean too.”

“It doesn’t excuse the fact that I commanded you to do something against your will,” I whispered, glancing around to make sure no one could hear me.  Blake was talking to Isaac while Seb and Zeke were talking to one another.  They gave off the impression that no one was paying attention to me, but I wasn’t fooled.  There were at least five other shifters in the forest. 

“We would never say a word,” whispered through my mind.

I glanced over at the woods, knowing that one of my guards stood there.  “I know, Drew, but I can never be too careful.”

No more words flew through my mind, but he was the only one who initiated a conversation with me.  The others would wait until I left to talk about what I needed to do, but Andrew always told me when he thought. Never had I heard the man talk, and from what his brother said, he never did. 

“Drew is the only one near?” I asked Jones. He nodded.  “Good, I trust him.  Now, what’s happening?”

Jones shrugged.  “You’re queen and you are just beginning to come into your powers.  Your parents didn’t acquire their powers as fast as you are, but it may have to do with the fact that you have more to protect.  They did not know about any threat, and they only had one child.  You’re adapting faster than they did.”

“The mental command?”

“Is something that they had from the beginning.  More will start to happen, and I’m sorry that I can’t help ready you as I wish.”

I waved my hand around dismissively.  “There is only so much that you can do to protect me.”

“Ally,” Jones whispered with a slight expression of sadness on his face.  “I need a break.”

I let out a sigh.  “I know.  I tried telling Zeke to leave you, but he wouldn’t listen.  You have a mate now, a baby on the way, and you need to be with them.”

“When can I leave?”

I leaned in closer, darting my eyes around to make sure Zeke wasn’t listening in.  “Tonight.  I want you to leave tonight no matter what.  Do you understand?”

“Yes, my queen.  I will have a replacement guard for you before I leave.”

“I want Ned to take your place,” I said in a voice that let him know that he wouldn’t be able to change my mind.

He hesitated.  “Are you sure?  You know how he can get.”

“He’s just like that because he gets worried.  He lost someone, and it’s hard for him.”

“He’s more protective than Zeke and Seb combined,” Jones mumbled.

“Yes, but he’s silent about it.  Who better to take your place?”

“You win,” he whispered before taking a step back.  An arm slung over my shoulder.  I looked up at Seb, but his face didn’t show anything.  Had he heard our conversation?  Did he know that I was changing the guards?  He would know tomorrow when we all woke up and Jones was gone.

“We have a plan.”

“What kind of plan?” I asked while glancing over my shoulder at Zeke.

The man smiled at me.  “An intimidation plan.  Hurry before Sydney or Amaya come after these two,” he said while gesturing at Isaac and Blake.  “They have something invested in both.”

I let a smile cross my face.  “Blake and Amaya?”

“It can’t happen, Ally.  You know this.”

“You never know what will happen when you want something hard enough.”

Seb pulled me closer, bringing my attention to him.  “We need to go.”

Nodding, I pulled away.  “How are we doing this?”  Seb stepped away from me.  He smiled before his body fell to the ground.  Only seconds later, a large black leopard stood where he once was.  Glancing back, I noticed Zeke was in his leopard form also.  “I walk in with the two of you by my side?”

Zeke’s large head nodded.  Turning my gaze to Jones, I said, “I want all of you hidden in the forest.  There is something I need to do once we get there.  If you see anyone running through here, follow him or her.  Don’t do anything to them, just follow.”

Jones nodded before disappearing into the woods.  Blake took a step towards me.  “Isaac and I will flank you.”

“Okay, let’s do this,” I mumbled as the two leopards stopped on my sides.  My hands flowed through the fur on their heads before I dropped them to my side.  “I’m ready,” I mumbled once more as we walked towards the woods.  Now was the time to clean out this small snow leopard tribe.  There were traitors here, and while they lived, they would regret the decision they made in going against me.