Their Pride Part 31

Chapter 30

I leaned back in my seat as Leo took the chair across from me.  My eyes narrowed as I contemplated what he had just said.  He would help me under one condition, but would it be something that I could give him?  Would it be something that I would feel comfortable in doing?

“Asking questions in your mind is getting us nowhere, Ally-Cat.  Question him,” Zeke said with a tiny smile.

I sent him a smile back causing his to falter, the damn stubborn man.  I turned my gaze to Leo.  “What is your condition?  I’m sure you know that I can’t promise you anything.”

“Hmm,” Leo said while leaning forward, “you have a lot to learn, Alex.  One, you are capable of giving me anything I want if you use your power; two, never tell the person your negotiating with that you can’t do something.  It makes them push harder.”

“Not trying to be rude, but can we get on with it?  Tell us what you want,” Seb said as he leaned against the wall.

Leo shook his head again. “You two have a lot to learn, but I guess I should get on with it.  I want an alliance.”

“Isn’t that what we were doing?” I asked in confusion.

“The thing is Ally, can I call you Ally?” he waited until I nodded my head before he started talking once more, “I need an assurance that we will stay allies.”

“Do all royals act like this?  Because, Alex, I think it would get a little annoying after a while,” Seb said while sliding to the floor.

I let out a laugh at his expression.  I knew he was doing the theatrics for my benefit, but his words still rang true.  I wouldn’t want to have a long conversation with Leo.  The man needed to be a little more blunt or was it that I needed to be less blunt?

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, and looked back at Leo. “What would this assurance be?”

Leo plopped his elbows on the table and set his head in them.  Looking up at me, he gave me an innocent expression. “Why I want a mated pair, a leopard and a lion.”

Seb was off his feet and growling before anyone could say anything.  He took a step towards Leo. “You will not mate with, Alex.  She is mine.”

Leo leaned back in his chair and let out a laugh. “I guess he’s off the market.  I have to say, you picked well, Ally,” his eyes sobered as he continued, “Now, sit down, boy.  You aren’t mated yet, and you have no chance in a fight. Let me finish talking.”

Leo sat there relaxed as he waited for Seb to calm down.  Seb didn’t listen to his command; instead he walked towards me and stood behind my chair.  Leo nodded as if he approved Seb’s actions.

“I’m mated,” Leo said with a faraway smile. “So, you don’t have to worry about your Alex.  I want someone important to all of you to mate one of the people that are the most important to me.”

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “All my people are important to me.”

“Good answer, but I need a male that is close to you.  I’m guessing the only three that are available are Zeke, Blake, and Seb,” he stated.

My eye popped open and a growled at him. “Seb is not available.  He is mine.”

“Possessive bunch aren’t you?” Leo asked in amusement. “Fine, I’ll take the other two.”

I shook my head at him. “I can’t just give you one or the other.  They need to have a choice.  I can’t force them to mate someone they might hate.”