Their Pride Part 22

Chapter 21

My eyes widened in surprise. “You can’t do that!”

Zeke gave me a tiny smile before whispering, “Watch me.”

A growl rose in my throat.  That was Seb that he was playing around with.  How dare he think that he could just force something like shifting onto someone?  Zeke’s eyes snapped towards me and widened for a second before he nodded as if I had just confirmed a thought.  He turned towards Seb and smiled.

“I don’t know why you’re growling, boy.  It’s not like you can really do anything about it.”

Seb shook in anger. “Stop calling me boy.”

“Why should I?  Do you really think that your man enough to fight me?  Because I think you’re too weak to keep even humans from harming Alexandria.”

This statement must have been too much for Seb, because he jumped at Zeke once more.  This time, Zeke didn’t move out of the way, instead, he took all of Seb’s weight.  They fell back onto the ground with a loud thud.  Zeke didn’t stay in the submissive position long as he flipped Seb onto his back.  Getting in his face, he snarled at Seb.

That was the last straw.  I couldn’t take it.  Standing there and watching as Zeke fought Sebastian was not something I would do.

The change came over me quickly.  Black fur sprouted out while my teeth and nails sharpened.  My cat stayed in the back of my mind as I took leopard form.  If I had more time, I would have wondered why she was letting me take over without fighting with me. 

I circled their bodies with quiet steps.  As soon as Zeke gave me the opening, I pounced.  My weight knocked into him and he flew off of Seb.  Glancing down briefly, I noticed the sharp teeth and fur flowing onto his face.  His change startled me, but I didn’t have very long to stare as a white blur hit my side.

We rolled until we hit the edge of the forest.  Zeke stared down at me in his leopard form.  I knew he was trying to convey a message through the look he was giving me, but I refused to listen.  I didn’t want him fighting Seb, and if he was going to, he was the enemy. 

His claws dug into my shoulders causing me to let out a yowl.  He had more weight than I did, so holding me down was easy.  I would make it harder though.  Wiggling my body, I tried throwing off his weight.  Nothing I did worked, but I kept moving until I heard a scream.  The scream was one that I’ve heard before, it sounded like a cross between an animal and a human.

That only meant one thing, Seb was changing.  My body sagged in defeat.  Even when I tried to keep him from going through with the change, he still was.  Zeke noticed that I wasn’t fighting anymore, and hopped off.  He stared at me briefly waiting for an attack.  Once he realized I wasn’t going to do anything, he shifted back to his human form.

The smile that was on his face surprised me though.  Why would he be smiling?  Shouldn’t he be mad that I tried to interfere? 

“Change back, please.  I think it would be better if we were humans for this,” he said while jerking his head back to a convulsing Sebastian.

I didn’t hesitate to let the change take over.  If being in human form was better for Seb, then I would be in human form.  Bones popped and muscle shifted.  Finally, I was standing there with a glare on my face. 

“Your muscles hurt don’t they?” Zeke asked with amusement.

My glare sharpened. “Why would you care?”

“Awe, come on, sweetie.  You know I don’t do anything unless it’s to help you.”

“Sometimes your help hurts,” I said while rolling my neck.