Their Pride Part 33

Chapter 32

I watched as Zeke threw himself at Seb. The first thing I wanted to do was lunge at the two, but I couldn’t. If Seb was going to be King, he needed to fight his own battles. I winced as their bodies connected. Seb flew back into the wall leaving an indent in the sheetrock. He let out a low growl and grabbed Zeke’s shoulders.

Flipping him, Seb slammed Zeke against the wall. Zeke flashed him a smirk before dropping to the ground and sweeping Seb off his feet. A loud bang resonated throughout the room causing me to wince. The two were going at each other like they meant it. There was no play fighting involved this time.

“Stop,” I whispered. I didn’t want to command the two to quit fighting, but I didn’t like to see this. I didn’t like to see my mate fight the person I considered my brother.

Squaring my shoulders, I opened my mouth once more, but a hand covered it before any words could escape. Flickering my eyes to the left, I saw Marcus standing there with a sheepish smile.

“Zeke has a right to challenge the boy,” Marcus told me. “Now, I’m going to remove my hand. Will you promise not to command the two to quit?”

I nodded my head and waited for him to free me. His fingers shifted from my face. As soon as they were gone, I turned my body towards him with a glare on my face.

“Don’t you ever do that again,” I growled.

He nodded his head. “You would have been breaking our laws, Alexis. Zeke has a right to challenge Seb. To be honest, if he didn’t, Zeke would be looked upon as a coward. Shifters would believe he couldn’t take care of his own.”

I looked at Marcus in confusion. “What are you talking about? What law?”

“The one where your mate must ask a male family member for permission,” Marcus replied in frustration.

A growl sounded and I waited for the sound to die down before saying, “It is a stupid law, and I was going to change it.”

Marcus waved a hand around dismissively while turning his eyes back towards the fight. “It doesn’t matter because you haven’t changed it yet. Damn, your mate actually knows how to fight.”

I looked over at the two. At that moment, Seb grabbed Zeke by the arms and flung him through the wall. Dust flew everywhere and silence filled the room. Letting out a sigh, I walked towards the large hole.

“I don’t know why you two have to fight in the first place,” I called out. “It’s ridiculous, and it gets you nowhere.”

Zeke crawled out of the opening. “He should have asked me, and you are both being irresponsible. Do you think getting pregnant is going to help your situation out? You’re being stupid, Ally-Cat.”

“This was my decision, Zeke, and if you can’t handle it, you can leave,” I whispered.