Their Pride Part 13

Chapter 12

A knock sounded on my door, and I sprinted out of bed. I glared at the device that was supposed to wake me up, while hopping around to find clothing. Picking up a pair of jeans off the floor, I slipped them on. I got down on all fours and threw shirts in each direction as I tried to find one that was relatively clean.

Finally, I found a purple V-neck shirt that smelt clean enough. I pulled it over my head while walking towards the door; I had gotten it over my head just as it opened. Figuring it was Seb, I didn’t look up at the person as I searched for my shoes. Someone cleared their throat, and I looked up with a smile that soon dissipated as I saw Blake standing in my doorway.

He had a smug smile on his lips as he scanned my body with appreciation. His eyes lingered on my chest and I looked down wondering why. A blush made its way onto my face as I realized that the shirt was pulled down way too far. I grabbed the collar and thrust it up as high as I could while sending him a glare.

“What are you doing here?”

“I figured I would give you a ride to school. Maybe talk about a few things?”

I knew what he wanted to talk about, and it would be a perfect opportunity to talk. The only problem was that Seb’s truck had just pulled up, and a very angry Seb was stomping up my stairs with a fierce glare on his face. I expected him to yell at Blake for being here, but when he got closer, he took a deep breath then relaxed.

Confused, I tilted my head to the side and stared at him. What was going on in that head of his?

“Hey, Alex. Are you riding with me or him?” Seb asked motioning between himself and Blake. We both looked at him with wide eyes and open mouths. He just flashed us a timid smile and waited.

“Um, I’ll ride with you. Blake, we can talk later. Okay?” I didn’t even look in Blake’s direction as I talked. I was afraid that if I turned my gaze away from Seb that something just as strange as his reaction would happen.

I blindly slipped on my shoes that were termed ‘flats’ and stepped out of my apartment with my eyes still locked on him. Seb looked me up and down before nodding, turning around, and walking down the stairs.

“What the hell was that?” Blake questioned.

“I have no idea, but I like it,” I replied with a smile on my face.

He huffed. “You only like it because it intrigues you. Plus, his mood swings are frightening not hot.”

I shrugged at his words and followed behind Seb in some kind of trance. Whatever he was doing, my body seemed to like it for some reason. Was it really, because the quietness he emitted felt dangerous? Was it because his mood swings intrigue me? I didn’t know, and I didn’t care. All I knew was that I liked it.

He was sitting in his truck, and when I got close, he reached across to pop the door open for me. Feeling the excitement bubble around me, I hopped in and went to buckle my seatbelt. Before I even had the chance though, Seb was across the seat with his face in mine.

He searched my eyes before crushing his lips onto mine. The kiss was shorter than I wanted it to be, but I could feel the heat flowing between our lips. He pulled away with his glowing brown eyes.

“Mine,” he growled while rubbing his cheek on mine.

I knew he was putting his scent on me to warn others off. I should be disgusted or angry right now, but only satisfaction hummed through my veins. Both my cat and I liked when Seb was possessive. It took me awhile to admit to myself that I genuinely cared about him, but I knew it was true.