Chapter 13

"If your boy ever fires another shot around my daughter I'll kill him." Willie said in a fury.

        These were the first words Benicio heard as he walked through the front of his father's house. He stopped by to check on the servants that were moving his belongings to his new house.

        He could tell they were in the living room, their voices were fairly close. He walked to the entrance of the room but was careful not to be seen. He'd spent the entire day in the dungeons watching Joey and his boys rough up dealers who were short on their money and a face to face confrontation with Kenzie's dad was something he didn't want at the moment.

        "Sorry Will," he heard his father say. "His head's not on straight."

        "Well I would love to screw it on for him-"

        "Pa!" Jackson recanted sternly, his voice could be heard a mile away.

        "Vince you have to understand, Kenzie means a lot to us." Jackson began to explain surprisingly enough he was being the voice of reason. "Because our mother died, she was raised without one. My Pa never remarried because he was too bust trying to provide for us.. Now we entrusted her safety and well being with your son and look at what he did."

        "Listen Will, I know you two are upset with Benicio but the boy has it bad for your daughter."

        That statement almost made Benicio storm into the living room. What would make his father think he had fallen in love? Kenzie proved to be just like every other gold digging cheating dame that roamed the night. She seduced him, expertly hiding her true colors.

        "Not another shot." He heard Willie warn.

        The room was silent. Every tick from the grandfather clock could be heard before Big Daddy sighed as if he was defeated. "Alright."

        Benicio raised an eyebrow. So now his father sided against him. what happened to the man that didn't take crap from no one. What happened to the man who gave death as punishment to any chump who disrespected him.

        He heard the locks in Willie's wheelchair click, they were getting ready to leave. Before Jackson and Willie emerged from the living room, Benicio hid himself on the side of a tall bookshelf used for decor. He waited until Jackson pushed Willie through the foyer and out the front door. Once they were in the car he walked into the living where he found Big Daddy pouring himself a hefty glass of whiskey from the liquor cupboard.

        "They're pretty pissed at you." Big Daddy said with his back turned.

        Benicio took off his hat and coat and flung them on the sofa. "And." was his response.

        Big Daddy sighed and turned around. "You gotta stop overreacting."

        Benicio gave a rude chuckle. "Yeah well I guess I did that because I was in love."

        "I had to say something to keep them from beating you senseless."

        He sat down and placed his feet on the coffee table, something he knew his father hated. "Oh sure Pop, good cover."

        Big Daddy tilted his head slightly to the side as if realization suddenly hit him. "You are in love with her, aren't you?"

        " I don't love that girl. She's just like the rest."

        Big Daddy leaned against a window sill. "Why did you fire shots in the air at the party?" He took a sip. When Benicio didn't answer he continued. "How stupid could you be? The fucking Chief of Police was there, the State Judge, and let's not forget the Mayor." Benicio lowered his eyes. "I've worked really hard to get us to the top. Five years in Italy, fifteen in New York, ten here...... I will not watch you tear this family down. I will not let you kill my legacy. Do I have to run the organization again?"