Chapter 4

Now that Mickey was carried away to the back for medical treatment, Benicio decided to do a little research of his own and find out how the outsiders were let into the club. There was no possible way they could have gotten pass two guards, unless they snuck in, and the odds of that were improbable.

        He went to the first entrance connected to an abandon bakery. Barry, the tiny man suffering from dwarf syndyrome was excellent at guarding the door, how could he make such a mistake?

        "Barry," Benicio called out as he approached him.

        Barry, who was sitting on the stool jumped down to the floor. With Benicio being so tall, Barry was a few inches above his knee.

        "Yes Boss?" He answered looking up with his hands behind his back.

        Benicio sat down on the stool to make things easier.

        "How the hell did those kids get in here?" He demanded.

        "I don't know what kids you're talking about Boss?" Barry replied.

        "Don't play stupid with me." Benicio said irratated. "Why did you let them in?"

        "They paid just like everyone else." Barry answered with a bleak expression on his face.

        "You know damn well they are not allowed in here."

        "Sorry Boss no one explained to me that I wasnt suppose to let niggas in the club."

        Silence engulfed both of them. Benicio was so stunned that Barry used the racist term so freely. Even he wouldn't do something like that. They stared at each other with a while, Barry refusing to drop his gaze. With nothing else to say Benicio stood up and walked away.

        It was almost time to close up as the band played the last song of the night. The club was jammed pack with drunken patrons still trying to have their last bit of fun before everything shut down. Benicio was glad none of them saw the commotion that happened minutes prior.

        The Hazel eyed beauty flashed back into his mind. With her impressive knock out on Mickey, he wondered if his future wife would be as feisty as her. He shook his head. He promised himself he wouldn't think about her until Sunday.

        Benicio walked in his office where Mickey was sitting on his desk being treated by a doctor. He looked terrible, the kid was too much for Mickey. The kid made him look like a regular Palooka in front of everyone. If the hazel beauty didn't step in when she did, Mickey would have probably ended up in the hospital, then Benicio would have been forced to take the kid for a ride.

        Benicio looked at Mickey one good time. His lip was busted and his right eye was blackened and swollen shut. He pressed his lips together to restrain his laughter. The doctor touched a sensitive spot on Mickeys ribcage causing him to cringe and hiss in pain.

        "Sorry Mick." The Doctor said gently pushing against his ribcage again. "You have a few fractured ribs here. I'm gonna need you to take off your shirt so I can wrap it up."

        Mickey did as he was instructed and the Doctor began wrapping his waist with a roll of gauze.

        "How many people did you tussle with again?" The doctor asked halfway through his procedure.

        "Two." Mickey grumbled.

        "I recall it differently." Benicio said leaning against the brick wall.