Chapter 11 (Part 2)- The Engagement Party

party was a little dull to say the least. Benicio and his boys were on one side of the large tent and Jackson's were on the other. Even with the live band playing upbeat jazz, no one wanted to converse with one another. Not even the women. The only people who were enjoying themself was the Mayor of L.A and the police cheif.

        But at the moment Benicio didn't care. He wanted to see his beautiful fiance. He wanted to kiss her again, touch her body and feel her hands on him. Kenzie may have been inexperienced but she was the best kiss he ever had.

        He was dressed in his finest, a black pin stripe tailor made suit with two toned shoes. His dark hair was slicked back and covered with his signature favorite, a humburg hat. He knew he was the sharpest gangster at the party, even better than his father.

        "Gin?" Edie asked holding a tray of shot glasses filled with the liquid. He was standing in one of the corners of the tent observing everyone. Big Daddy was sitting at a table with Willie and Jackson, they were getting along just fine.

        "Not right now." He declined, not wanting to be intoxicated when he see the woman that was going to be his wife. "Where is Kenzie?" It almost came out as a demand.

        Edie looked around before shrugging. "She should be down in a minute." She answered. "You know how teenage girls are, they take forever to get dressed. Edie walked away offering the drinks to everyone else. 

        Benicio walked over to Willie, Jackson, and his dad's table and sat down. He wasn't seated for a few seconds before Big Daddy started talking to him.

        "Bennie," He said pulling out a hand rolled Cuban cigar from a platinum case. "Nice of you to join us." He lit his cigar and puffed three times. 

        "I guess I'm missing out on an entertaining conversation." Benicio commented.

        "Jackson here was just telling us about a new brand of hooch he's making." Big Daddy began, making Benicio roll his eyes. "Have you thought about buying some for the club?"

        "This is my engagement party Pop." Benicio said keeping his eyes fixated on the entrance of the tent. "I don't want to talk business." 

         "Well you better make a decision fast," Big Daddy continued, ignoring Benicio's comment. "you need to be the first one to get your hands on it."

        Benicio sighed. "OK Pop, whatever you say." 

        After a hard silence Willie rolled away from the table. "Why don't we let the boys talk." He suggested. 

        "Sure, why not." Big Daddy stood up and wheeled his friend away. Willie made a joke and they left laughing hysterically.

        Benicio awkwardly sat in silence with Jackson. He didn't know what to say. Theoretically, they were going to become family, but in reality they were just business partners. They weren't going to become best friends like their parents.

        "Once you're done making the hooch, I'll buy half the stock for the club." Benicio said with his eyes still glued to the entrance of the tent. 

        "I'll let you know when it's ready." Jackson said getting up and leaving the table.

        He tried, at least that's what he told himself. 

        In just that moment he saw the flap of the tent move. He looked up hopeful but was disappointed to see Joey with Mickey, who had a young woman oh his arm.. They walked over to his table and made themselves comfortable.