Forever Dead ::16:: The Killer Inside Me

Start from the beginning

“Tears aren’t shed for nothing… well unless you’re one of those type of girls, but you don’t seem like that.” He said, approaching me. He sat down in a chair the same time I did.

“I miss my home.” I said finally, hoping he would leave soon. I didn’t know him, but I knew he was Elphina’s brother, and those genes were just not good.

“Didn’t you come willingly? You knew what you’d be getting into.”

“I didn’t come willingly. Nicholai forced me.” I murmured. He leant forward then, glad to have heard this tid bit of information.

“Really…. How interesting.” The way he said it made my skin crawl.

“The Prince of Darkness himself had to force one of his Potentials into coming. That’s incredible!” he started laughing then.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“It’s just that Nicholai always got what he wanted growing up. He was the first at everything, even if I was older than him. Always first to get the girl too, and the prettiest ones.” He said eyeing me.

“But now, now he can’t even earn the love of the one he wants the most.” He said softly, staring into my eyes. His light green ones shone like a cats.

“The most?” I asked.

“Anyone can tell. The way he looks at you… every move you make his eyes flicker to you.”

“That’s not true. I hate him and the feeling is mutual, believe me. He’s probably just watching me to make sure I don’t try and kill him.” I said sitting back, but Quinn’s words hung in the air and made me think twice about my answer.

“Mhm. Keep thinking that sweetheart. There’s a thin line between love and hate.” He whispered leaning close.

“But, if you really hate him, then maybe I can help.” He twiddled his long fingers and smirked. I narrowed my eyes. “How?”

“I can get you out of here. I can get you home too, but I need your help with something first.”

“What could I possibly do to help a vampire?” I asked.

“Easy. I need you to kill Nicholai.”

My eyes widened at his request and I leant back in my chair, actually thinking about it.

“Think about it. It’ll be easy. I’ll give you a poison, and all you’d have to do is get it into his mouth, which shouldn’t be hard.” He said. I let out a disgusted sound.

“No.” I said. I wasn’t a killer. I would get out of here on my own, and without killing anyone.

“I’ll let you think about it. I’m sure Nicholai will do something or another to send you over the edge. You’re pretty close to it as it is. Nicholai gets what he wants, always has. You’re no exception, remember that.” And with those last words he was gone, faster than I could blink.

I picked up a book and left the library, unsettled by all this talk. I needed to get dressed anyway for elimination anyway.

“Audrina, where’ve you been?” Macy asked as I entered my room.

“Library.” I said, placing the book on my bed.

“I’m going to shower.” I said walking towards the bathroom.

“Sure. Hey I picked out a dress for you!” she yelled as I shut the door. I shook my head and let my hair down, undressing as well. I stared at my reflection, remembering the touches I felt last night and how I eagerly responded to them. How could I have been so stupid?