Forever Dead ::3:: Oh Baby, You're Hard Like Your Belt Buckle

I screamed and fell back, running into the kitchen and grabbing a knife. I laughed internally. A knife? There were weapons in this house that could hurt a vampire.

I went back to the door and heard him pacing. Just then a car came to a screeching halt and the man whispered. “Fuck.” All of a sudden it was silent. I watched from my window as a man got out from the drivers side of the limo that came to a stop across the street. I cracked open my door to find the vampire gone and sighed.

“We only need one more.” He said to someone in the limo. I heard another door open and saw Macy come out of her house. What the fuck was she doing? The man noticed her and waved her over.

“Macy! Stop!” I screamed. I looked over at the clock and saw 11:57 flashing. Damnit!

She turned to look at me and waved, but continued walking. Shit! What if they were vampires? I gripped my shirt and literally threw myself out the door. I looked around and saw no vampires in sight; actually the whole street was abandoned other than the limo, Macy and myself.

“Macy!” I screamed running to her. She was halfway across the street when I reached her, grabbing her hand and pulling her away from the man.

“What are you doing outside?” she asked me.

‘Me? What are you doing?”

The man opened the door and I heard someone step out. My back was turned, but from Macy’s expression, I knew it was a vampire. The adoration in her eyes was disgusting. I bit my lip and turned around to face the monster, holding Macy’s hand in a death grip.

“Well, what a pleasant surprise. Two for me to pick from.” His voice wasn’t as smooth as the vampire before. It had a rougher edge to it, but for some weird reason it was more attractive than anything I’ve ever heard. If I had to give up music for my entire life just to listen to his voice I would.

I looked him up and down, etching his appearance into my brain. He was taller than one could imagine, and his broad shoulders and muscles just enhanced him. His hair was brown and shaggy, almost wild. He had some scruff on his face, which usually I hated, but on him it was the sexiest thing I could have ever seen.

I shook my head, emptying the thoughts and put Macy behind me.

“More like you don’t have any choices. We aren’t going with you.” Macy pulled herself from my grasp.

“I’m sorry Audrina, I want to go.” She whispered stepping in front of me.

“No you don’t! It’s just him compelling you. Don’t you see?” I grabbed her shoulders but she shook me off and offered her hand to the stranger. He kissed the tips of her fingers and smirked, then directed his attention to me.

“Give me back my friend you monster.” I walked straight up to him. My body felt the danger radiating from him but I walked right on until I was almost chest-to-chest, staring up at him.

“She’s off limits.” I growled. He growled back and touched my face with his index finger.

“And what about you sweetheart, are you off limits too?” he tucked my hair behind my ear and I took a step back. My stomach was doing flips and I couldn’t control it.

“Yes I am.”

“Well you see that’s too bad, because I need one more Potential and your friend has graciously offered herself to me. If I let her go, then I won’t have enough time to find another.” He smiled, crossing his arms.

“But if you came instead…well then it would work out wouldn’t it?” he stepped closer to me, smelling the air. “Oh yes, I think that would work out very well.” His eyes changed from a blue to a golden color in an instant