Chapter Fifteen

Authors Note: Okay, I know I suck and haven't updated in like forever. But here it is! A little on the short hand but I swear to you it is pretty intense. Next one will be posted much sooner. And if you haven't, check out my newest story, Ever After Cindrellen. 

With Love,

Melea

----

I woke up in a state of absolute bliss.

Then it was crushed.

I had slept better than I ever had since being in Trittan. I didn’t wake and I didn’t have fits of nightmares. Instead of terrifying dreams I woke up to something much worse. The dreadful reality. It consisted of being tangled up in blankets and Zaleck. His breath was warm on my skin and his chest was rising steadily.

I am in complete ruins.

This really cannot be happening. I am not allowing myself to ever kiss Zaleck again. Screw the amazing way I felt, it wasn’t going to happen. I can’t get over him even starting it.

On the other h and, I’ve never felt this way before. Just being curled up with him had my cheeks flushed and heart racing. I’ve had many suitors for me and I had managed to drive all of them away. My mother went insane e every time I got rid of one.  I’ve never been so protectively wrapped up. I’ve never felt so safe. But I have to remind myself that Zaleck has hurt me.

I jolted up at the thought, away from him. I pulled a blanket around me securely.

“Sage?” A groggy voice was clear, but I sucked in when a hand was placed on my shoulder. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” I breathed out, shrugging his hand off. “Zaleck?”

“What?” His had moved back to my shoulder.

“I just want to go home.” The moment the words left my mouth it was tense, his grip tightening. “Let me go home.”

“I have orders.” His voice was low and I tugged my shoulder away, his nails catching my skin. A rumbled growl of words left his mouth. “Not until your father is dead.”

I quickly got out of the bed, throwing the closest thing I could get my hands on; a pillow. Not very menacing. Not only was I tired of being here, I was hurt and confused by how he was now acting compared to last night. The next thing I threw was a shoe laying on the ground. It easily missed and I reached for another. To say Zaleck look calm would be a huge understatement. He was anything but calm. He was livid.

He got up and moved towards me, his expression dark. I back up as quickly as I could but his hand caught my upper arms. My back slammed tightly to the wall and I was slid up it, my feet barely on the ground. His jaw was clenched as his eyes bore down on mine and I let out a squeak of breath.  

“Zale…” I managed to get out.

For a second, his eyes flashed before I collapsed to the ground as he let go of me.

“Get dressed.” He snapped over his shoulder as he moved irritable to the stairs.

When he was out of sight I hurried to grab clothes and rushed to the bathroom to take a shower. I was hopeful that it would wash my fear away.

Twenty minutes later I was moving down the stairs in a pair of black jeans tucked into ankle boots with a white long sleeve shirt, clinging to my torso. Zaleck was already dressed, waiting for me at the door. He didn’t say a word but just opened the door and waiting for me. I stepped outside, the cool crisp air stinging on my skin. I’d have to with it, complaining wasn’t an option right now, not with Zaleck in the mood he was in at the moment. I didn’t dare to ask questions either. I just moved to the right and slightly behind him, my head down. The streets were quiet, only few past by us.

The longer we walked, the more scarce it got. And soon, I knew why. We were making our way down the wide deserted road to the castle. Once I figured it out I stopped in my tracks. My heart was racing, fluttering in my chest. I’m sure anyone around could hear it. And not even a minute later, Zaleck turned around to look at me.

“Come on.” His voice was gruff but firm, holding authority. I just shook my head and took a step back, eying the castle. “Sage, do as you’re told or Eb is going to throw you back into the cell.” He growled.

“No…” My voice cracked and I looked down. “Why are we here?” My voice was hushed.

“You’ll see.” I glanced up to see Zaleck now standing in front of me. I winced and snapped my attention away.

“I don’t want to see.” I spat out forcefully.

He didn’t say anything but just snatched my wrist and tugged me towards the castle. My legs moved without restraint, not wanting to fall to the ground.

A good five minutes later we were moving through the heavy doors and into the castle which was surprisingly warm.

“Ah, Sage dear, glad you could make it.” Eb said as Zaleck continued to aynk me towards Eb.

“Like I had a choice.” I spit as Zaleck shoved me away from him.

Eb let an eyebrow cock, “Is that resentment I hear in your voice?” He said coyly.

“Fuck you.” I hissed.

“I always have loved a woman with so much fire.” An arm snaked around my waist. When I attempted to pull free I was only drawn into his chest, his fingers catching my chin forcefully, nails digging in as my gaze was brought to his. The smell of cigarette smoke and alcohol wafted to my noise. “You are mine now.” His tongue ran over his lips and I wanted to gag. “’Here is the predicament,” He paused, eyes hungrily taking me in, “Your father seemed not to care. We need a new approach. His baby girl is going to be hurt by he man she loves, which just so happens to be me. Daddy is going to come to the rescue, God knows why, and then he’ll be killed, and you, well it all depends on how well you do.” Eb pressed his nails further into my skin and I winced.  A bright light flashed and my eyes flickered to see a camera and two large men behind the scrawny one operating it. I cried out just as the flash beamed, Eb drawing blood from my jaw line. “Good girl.” Eb breathed as I was shoved to the ground, Eb jabbing a quick foot into my stomach.

I was now wrestling against him as he tried to pin me down. I got a kick to his groin but it only earned me a good slap to the face. A hand on my forehead keeping the back of my head to the floor. Eb’s lips met mine as I struggled, his hand sliding under my shirt and up my stomach. I looked to Zaleck, who was standing tense, watching the whole ordeal unravel. My eyes pleaded with his until a flash blinded me for a second.

Somebody cleared their throat, “We have enough.”

Eb’s cold hands slid from underneath my shirt, brushing over the buttons of my jeans. “If I could, I’d have my way with you. But never in front of a crowd.” My eyes were watering as he spoke and he kissed my lips once last time as a tear left my eye. One last flash was made before he got off of me.

I got to my feet, my body feeling contaminated. At least it didn’t involve more. I glanced to Eb who was looking at the camera, seeming to be content. He looked up and met my eyes.

“Dear King Eris, Princess Sage will be made to do more and tortured. Never enough to kill her, but to make her life a living hell.” His voice rang out, as if he had memorized this. It must be along the lines of what he was planning on sending my father. “Save her if you wish.” His eyes bore into mine. “Who knows, Sage, if he doesn’t come fast enough, I might just do that to you.” I brought my eyes away from his. “Zaleck, get her out of here.”

My head turned to see Zaleck give a curt nod. He moved towards me, grabbed my upper arm and pulled me after him, out of the castle without a word.