A Deadly Memory (Chapter 27)

Annalee's POV

Today was a great day. Preston and I have little dates at least two to three times a week. It was now February 13th and Mitch, Kayla, and Lachlan have left to go back to their homes. It was just Rob and I with Preston. I could have moved into the other room with a bed but I didn't. I stayed either with Rob or Preston, although I've been staying with Preston more.

Currently, Rob was out in the office while Preston and I were watching an anime he begged me to watch with him. It was honestly really cute to watch him be so into the anime.

I cuddle into him more, watching the anime with him. We were watching Death Note and I didn't have the heart to tell him I've already seen it. He seemed really excited to see it, telling me that he's never seen it before. I smile, feeling him tighten his grip around me.

I laugh when he nuzzles his face into my neck as the credits play before Netflix can play the next episode. "You're so cute." I murmur, feeling him chuckle against my neck.

"You're adorable, Annie." He murmurs, pulling his face away from my neck and kissing my cheek. I feel my cheeks heat up in a blush.

We watch Death Note for another hour before Preston and I get tired.

"Come on, Annie." Preston mumbles, picking me up bridal style and carrying me to his room. I smile slightly, looking up at him. I really fucking love this sweet dork.

"Goodnight Annie." Preston whispers, pulling me closer to his body. I smile into the darkness, closing my eyes as I drifted off to sleep.

I found myself sitting at a nonexistent diner with my group of friends. Bianca Nova Joseph, Blaire Keeley Hope, Jordan Dalton Lane, Samuel Riley Hale, Willow Elodie Dixon, and Ross Ethan Dixon. I loved them so very much. They helped me get over Brendon with their jokes and I loved them for that. However, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows for much longer.

They all got significant others. The twins, Willow and Ross, were dating twins, Lilac and Logan. Sammy was dating a boy named Ryan. Jordan was dating a girl named Viola. Bianca was dating a boy named Mitch and Blaire was dating a girl named Gracie.

They all were happy throughout our senior year. When I broke up with Brendon, I felt scared of Viola and Logan. They were friends with him and I was afraid they were just like Brendon.

I had warned my friends to be wary of their actions, not wanting them to end up like me. But over the year, they slowly pushed me away from them as they become totally dependent on their significant others.

I was terrified for my friends. They all were being treated how I was. They turned up to school with poorly covered bruises and cuts lining their arms.

May 14th. I got a call from the Dixons to find out that Willow and Ross committed double suicides while holding hands. They came into this life together, and they left it together. Just how they wanted it to be. I felt immense sadness and...anger at Lilac and Logan. I knew they caused this. They were like Brendon.

Sweet Willow, she was the joker of the group, making everyone's days brighter. With Ross by her side, they made everyone crack up until their sides were spilt from laughing so hard.

May 27th. Two days after graduation and three after the twins' funeral. I got a call from Ms. Hope. Blaire hung herself in her shower.

I had cried and sobbed and weeped. I was very close to Blaire. She was one of my best friends. And I couldn't believe that the silver lining in my dark cloud was gone.

June 11th. A week after Blaire's funeral. I received a call from Clarissa, Bianca's sister. She informed me that Bianca crashed her car into a tree not far from home, with Mitch inside.