PAX...Kiss? (Chapter 18)

Annalee's POV

I smile as we all walk to the convention center for PAX South. I wasn't required to go to any panels but I was allowed to walk around and see if I found any YouTubers I know.

"Isn't this exciting, Annie?" Rob asks me with a bright smile that I probably mirrored.

"Oh, definitely! But you have to go to a panel and I don't!" I laugh while he laughs with me.

"True, but you'll probably end up hanging out here in the park." Rob says as we all stop in a circle in the park near the convention center.

"Actually, I will hang out here all day." I admit sheepishly and Rob just laughs.

"Classic Annie." He laughs, shaking his head. "If you need any of us, you have our numbers." He says before smiling as the rest of our group walks into the convention center, leaving me in the park.

I shake my head and walk over to a tree and sitting down under it. I pull my phone out, going on to Instagram. I go through my feed, unaware that someone was behind the tree.

I hum quietly, taking my first selfie for my YouTube-connected Instagram. I start to write the caption.

"At PAX South in the little park! I'm happy to be here! 😁" I smile, tapping the post icon.

"Hey." Someone whispers and I jump, looking to my left and seeing Preston sitting next to me.

"What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be inside?" I ask him, furrowing my eyebrows in thought. He shrugs.

"You looked lonely. So here I am." He laughs and I smile slightly.

"You're such a sweetheart, I swear." I laugh lightly, resting a hand over my heart.

He blushes slightly. "No, you're such a sweetheart!" He argues.

We ended up arguing over who's sweeter for twenty minutes while Kayla walked by and met up with a tall brunet before they both walked off together, laughing and smiling.

"Aww. They'd be cute together." I whisper before laughing when Preston laughs. I might be developing a crush on him, but don't tell him!

"They would be." He agrees. I laugh, laying my head on his shoulder. He doesn't move away, he just wraps an arm around my waist.

"I'm tired." I mumble. Preston just laughs.

"It's only 11:30, Annie!" He exclaims, laughing.

"At least I'm not a pleb like you." I grumble, closing my eyes. Preston gasps in horror.

"I'm no pleb! I'm a cactus and the Parkour King!" He exclaims and I laugh, humming quietly.

Preston shifts and I open my eyes, staring at him. "What? Is there something on my face?" I ask, touching my face with my hand.

"Yeah." He mumbles, staring at me. I panic slightly.

"What is it?" I ask quickly. I could barely catch what he said because he said it so quietly.

"My lips." He whispers and suddenly he was kissing me.

Preston Fucking Arsement was kissing me. On the lips.