Chapter Nine

"I don't really know where to start..." I trailed off, eyes locked on my cup in front of me as to not let the blush on my face be so obvious to Isaac.

"Maybe with who on earth was that guy?"

"Ugh." I just wanted to slam my head down on the table and groan.

"Hey, hey, it's okay." Isaac clearly heard the frustration in my voice and started rubbing soothing circles on my back with a hand to keep me calm and relaxed.

"I just don't know what to say. He just makes me so frustrated at myself, if you hadn't come along when you did, I don't even want to think about what would have happened. And he is the worst person I could have kissed in this situation."

"Sorry Paige, I don't follow. What do you mean?"

"Scott likes me back Isaac. He likes me the way I like him and I nearly lost everything because of freaking Aaron Price. He's his brother Isaac! Like oh my god I nearly kissed Scott's brother! Just UGH!" I buried my head in my hands as I groaned, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"His brother? But Scott doesn't-"

"Have a brother." I finished his sentence. "I know. I don't even understand how it is possible for an older brother to just magically appear out of thin air but it did so..." I trailed off.

"Didn't you think to ask Scott about any of this?"

"He said they really hated each other so I didn't want to push the subject and make him uncomfortable."

Isaac stayed quiet for a moment, continuously rubbing those soothing patterns onto my back.

"I'm happy to talk to him, if you'd like?"

"Who do you mean by him, Scott or Aaron?"

"Both. I can see how upset you are what Aaron is doing and I think Scott needs sorting out too because there is something he's not telling you about his brother."

"Thanks so much Isaac. You're a great friend." I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him close into a hug which he willingly returned by wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm here for you Paige, whatever you need, just ask." He murmured into my ear.

"We should get going soon though, school starts in fifteen minutes and we definitely can't afford to be late on the first day. Don't want to give the teachers a bad first impression right?" He pulled away and offered me a smile before turning back to his own cup of coffee.

I nodded in response and we sat in a comfortable silence as we finished our drinks and I ate my croissant. I couldn't help the nerves flowing through me at the thought of having to face Scott after nearly kissing his brother though.