Chapter Fourteen

"You always ruin everything! You just had to stick your nose in where it isn't wanted nor needed and look what you've done!"

"Oh sure, it's all my fault. Scott will never speak to Paige ever again because she walked to school with her friend. The shame." Sarcasm oozed out of every word and was paired with a roll of his eyes. "It's more likely that he would never speak to her again because her best friend is a freaking psychopath!"

"You take that back right now Isaac Carter!"

"Make me."

God, they are so childish!

"Guys! Seriously, just stop it, you're both acting like you are five years old!" I put on my mother voice and they both quietened down.

"Sorry Paige." They said together then turned and frowned at each other.

"Moving on, how was Europe Isaac?"

"It was so amazing! I took so many photos and I actually got you a little something from every city we went to! I found a charm bracelet in Paris with the eiffel tower on and then added another charm to it for every other city." He fished a small, deep purple box tied with a silver ribbon out of his bag and slid it across the table to me. I undid the bow and gasped when I saw the solid gold bracelet inside.

"Oh Isaac! You shouldn't have, this is really too much!"

"This is really why Paige can't get a date, he bloody scares them away with all these gifts he showers on her." Madison muttered under her breath but we both ignored her a focused on the gift in front of me. Along side the eiffel tower, I recognised the Portuguese cockerel from the Algarve, a bull charm from Spain and an adorable pizza charm for Italy.

"Thank you so much!" I squealed as I held out my wrist to do up the fiddly clasp.

"Here, allow me." I could see Madison rolling her eyes out of the corner of mine as Isaac carefully slotted the gold links into place and beamed at me.

"Now, Madison, do you promise to stop acting so bitchy or should I take your present back to Greece?" Her eyes lit up at the mention of a present for her and all of her sourness just melted away as Isaac began digging through his bag once more for the gift. A box smaller than mine was produced and I craned my neck to see what was in it when she lifted the lid.

I knew he still liked her! In the box was a beautiful ring where the gem looked like an unblinking bright blue eye.

"It's called an Evil Eye and it's supposed to be a good luck charm that wards away evil spirits and it really just reminded me of your eyes so I thought it was perfect." He said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand. She squealed and launched herself at him, pulling him into the tightest hug imaginable. Several moments passed but she still didn't pull away and I think I heard a small sob.