Chapter Twenty

I woke up the next morning with the adrenaline from last night's motorbike ride still running through my veins. Lincoln was such a gentleman last night when he took me home as he drove a lot slower when he saw how scared I was but honestly it was so much fun! It was a great end to an otherwise rubbish date. I am really disappointed that after being so excited to hang out with Scott and have fun at a gig with him, he just abandoned me. I have no idea where Felix went either but at least he shot me a text to apologise for disappearing. I haven't heard anything from Scott at all and it makes me so mad that he dares to treat me like he doesn't care! I quickly wipe away the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes and take a few calming deep breaths before getting up and ready for the day ahead.

Once again, Aaron was waiting on my doorstep. I tried to side step him and ignore him but he grabbed hold of my wrist as I tried to move past him.

"Please. Allow me to walk you to school princess. I can't let you walk alone like you did last night." I turned to face him and a gasp slipped past my lips when I noticed the bruise forming on one side of his face.

"What happened?" I reached out a hand to touch the bruise but he caught my hand before I could and entwined our fingers together.

"Scott happened. He didn't really like me showing up last night and well..." He trailed off.

"Scott did this?"

"He doesn't want me near you princess and he's acting like a brat because of it. He's been acting like a brat ever since I got here to be honest." He sighed. "I suppose I would act the same if my father's other child I didn't know about suddenly came to live with me but he needs to understand how difficult this is for me. I left my mother and all my friends behind just to have a relationship with my father!" He raised his other hand to cover his eyes so I wouldn't see his tears. I feel so bad for him, I couldn't imagine how hard this must be for him to be treated badly by a brother he only just found out he had.

"It's all going to be okay. Trust me." I pulled my hand out of his and instead wrapped my arms around him, pulling him close so he could hide his tears on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry about this princess. Your shirt is gonna have my tear stains on." He let out a flat chuckle.

"Don't worry about it Aaron. I don't mind."

"Thank you princess. Really, thank you." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in closer so that our bodies were flush against each other and lowered his voice to whisper in my ear in a husky voice that sent shivers down my spine. "I really appreciate you."