Chapter Nineteen

The bar was practically full by the time we got there even though the performance wouldn't start for another thirty minutes so all I could hear was the mindless chatter of strangers along with murmurs of excitement from Shin Shallow's fans. Thankfully we were able to wiggle through the crowds so that we were positioned reasonably close to where the stage was currently being set up. Cody was on the stage assisting the stage hands with the setting up of his drum set but the rest of the band were nowhere to be seen.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here." Ugh. Not here please! I bit back the groan at the sound of Aaron's voice coming from behind me. I kept my gaze held on Scott, hoping he would just go away if I ignored him. Scott's face dropped as he looked over my head and saw Aaron stood there. I haven't known him that long but I know him well enough to know that he would have the world's biggest smirk on his face right now.

"What's up bro?" He teased and then chuckled at Scott's flinch.

"Excuse me. I'll be back before the band starts." Scott's face hardend into a glare and I turned around to watch him drag Aaron away through the crowd.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink, will you be okay by yourself for a minute?" I nodded at Felix and then watched him go. This night has started out badly, but maybe when they both get back and the band starts it'll improve?

Of course not. The band took to the stage and began to play their first song (which is also my favourite, rodents, it's about a loser ex-boyfriend of Ashley's), but neither Felix or Scott had returned yet. I tried to just enjoy myself without them and sing along to the songs, but in the back of my mind I couldn't stop worrying about what happened to them.

"Alright guys, this is our last song so we're gonna make it a good one! This is Bronze Fall!" The entire audience sung along to Shin Shallow's most popular songs and the band member's faces lit up the room with the blinding smiles each one of them had plastered across their faces. When the last note of Lincoln's bass faded into silence the whole room erupted with screams and clapping. The members lined up on the front of the stage and thanked everyone for coming before giving a somewhat awkward bow, completely different to the over-exaggerated one Kalum had given just two days before.

It took several minutes for the noise to die down even after the band had already left the stage and the help where taking down the equipment. I stayed where I was, hoping that either Scott or Felix would show up. It's half past eleven and pitch black outside so I really don't feel safe walking home alone no matter how close it is. The crowd had completely dispersed by now, all gone home like I should be.

"Paige? What are you still doing here?" Kalum called out to me from the other side of the room, the rest of the band were stood behind him, clearly all preparing to go home themselves.

"My date ditched me and I don't want to walk home alone."

Concern flashed across his face and he turned to Lincoln and gestured for me to come over, which I did.

"I'm sure Lincoln wouldn't mind giving you a lift home."

"Yeah, it's really no problem. Your date must be a real dick to leave a pretty girl like you here alone." I blushed at his compliment. "Just one question though, have you ever ridden a motorbike before?" I shook my head. "Well then, you're in for a treat." He smiled as he held out his helmet to me.