Chapter Fifteen

I felt slightly awkward third wheeling, especially since Madison was actually crying so I quietly stood up and snuck away, a grin on my face as I saw how content Isaac was with Madison in his arms. I do feel bad for how this affects Madison's relationship with Felix but I am so happy that my friends finally seem to be making amends.

I trailed down the corridor, admiring the new posters that have been hung up over the summer, including several that are advertising a local band that is made up of students from our school who are now in year thirteen, Shin Shallow. I went to one of their gigs before and they are actually really good, and their videos have several hundred thousands of views on youtube so they are practically celebrities at this point. I have never personally spoken to any of them though, despite how friendly everybody says they are, I'm kind of intimidated by them. I am definitely going to be going to their next gig though, I already bought my ticket and a spare so I can invite someone to come along with me. I don't know who I should invite yet, Scott has never shown much interest in them as much as I would like to invite him, it doesn't feel like he would enjoy it all that much. Felix adores them so maybe I should go with him but is it weird to go with your friend's boyfriend but not take your friend?

"Paige!" The sound of a man's voice made me turn around to be greeted by the smiling face of Felix. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Hey Felix, what's up?"

"I was looking for Maddy, have you seen her?"

Do I risk telling him and having him see the way they were all over each other? It seems like that would just cause a lot of unnecessary drama that we could all really do without, especially since it's only the first day.

"Erm, I think she has a lesson right now? If not she would be in the library."

"Sounds like her, to immediately surround herself with books." He chuckled and shook his head, flipping his hair in the process.

"I'll help you look for her if you like?"

"I'd really appreciate that, thank you." He offer me a blinding smile, flashing his bright white teeth and gesturing for me to lead the way. We walked side by side in a comfortable silence for several minutes before arriving at the library. When he went inside to look for her, I sent several frantic texts to ensure that when he actually did find her, she wouldn't be so wrapped up in Isaac.