Chapter Twelve

Madison flung herself down in the seat opposite me, next to Harvey and opened her mouth to begin her questioning but luckily was cut off by the voice of Mr Collins. I have literally no idea how to explain what happened this morning without her becoming incredibly disappointed in me so the longer she has to wait, the better as I can plan out exactly what to answer to her questions. Felix and Scott sat at a nearby table with the other latecomer who I didn't recognise while Aaron smirked at me when he saw me staring and sat right next to Libby.

"Now that you are all here, we have some basic beginning of the year prep to get through so Felix and Madison, could you hand one of these to everybody please?" He passed a stack of planners to each of them and they begrudgingly complied to his order and rushed around the room, practically throwing the planners down in their haste to get the job done.

"Jeez, what's up with her?" Darcy stage whispered, shooting a look of disgust at Madison. I swear to god, Darcy has gotten so bitchy over the summer months, I don't remember her ever being this rude before, usually it was Libby who made comments like that but she seems to have mellowed out or maybe she has just realised that there are more important things to do in life than being a bitch twenty-four seven.

"Shut up Darcy. Nobody cares about your stupid, bitchy comments alright?" I was surprised when Harvey spoke up, I would have thought that Felix would have been the one to tell her to lay off but whatever, someone had to do it.

"Sir, did you hear what Harvey just said to me?" She spat out, clearly angry at his insult.

"I can't hear anything apart from your voice Miss Bennet, so maybe you should actually listen to him and. Shut. Up." Aaron chuckled and sent me a wink when he saw me looking. I still don't understand how he could be in our year if he's Scott's older brother?? Scott was born in February and there is no way Aaron is his twin because Scott definitely would have mentioned that before.

I shot a glance at Scott and a scowl was painted across his entire face, the tension also present in the way his shoulders were hunched up and the way his arms were crossed. While Mr Collins wasn't looking, I pulled my phone out of my bag and sent him a text.

To: Scott❤
Sent: 8.49

Are you okay xxx

I caught his eye and gestured to my phone to let him know I sent a text.

From: Scott❤
Sent: 8.50

Not at all x

To: Scott❤
Sent: 8.50

Why, what's wrong xxx

From: Scott❤
Sent: 8.50

Aaron

To: Scott❤
Sent: 8.51

??

From: Scott❤
Sent: 8.52

I really hate him P. his attitude is pissing me off and I don't want him anywhere near you

I shot Scott a confused glance before Mr Collins cleared his throat and began the annual school PowerPoint that informs the students of the expectations and rules.