Chapter Fourteen: The Stage

"New Jersey we are so humbled to be playing here!" Kevin screamed into his microphone making the crowd go wild.  The concert hall was full and the boys were their perfect selves on stage.  I was backstage as usual, having my perfect view.  The side stage, I got to feel the stage at my feet, feeling every little vibration that happened through the amps and stereos.

"New Jersey is our home and we enjoy everything here," Joe announced as he looked over to Nick to speak next.

"Now, word has gone around about a close friend of ours," Nick stated randomly.  No.  He was not going to pull me on stage.  I could feel the corners of my mouth trying to smile.  "She is a pretty awesome singer.  Quite the best we have heard in a while.  Please welcome, Jazmin Montanez!" Nick shouted and the crowded applauded.  The three of the boys looked over to me and I shook my head, having a hug smile on my face.

I walked onto the stage and the crowd went even louder than before.  My hair was in a high ponytail and I was wearing jean shorts with a yellow tank top on.  My feet were showing off my torn up Converse.  "Hello New Jersey," I said into a microphone that Joe let me hold.  I smiled at him and thanked him as he nodded.

"Who wants to hear our very good friend Jazmin sing?" the crowded applauded loudly again and I couldn't help but smile and agree.  I turned to look at Nick.  Then I looked to Joe then to Kevin.  I was about to cross something off of my bucket list: Sing on stage with the Jonas Brothers.

Without giving anybody any notice, I looked at the crowd and smiled.  Lets do this.

"Ba ba da da.  Ba ba da da.  Ba ba da da.  Ba ba da da.  Ba ba dada.  Take a look at my boyfriend.  He's the only on I got.  Not much of a boyfriend, I never seem to get a lot," I sang the Gym Class Hero song, "Cupid's Chokehold" acapella for the first part of the song and the band caught up to me.

Nick and Joe sang a few harmonies and the instruments were caught up by the band behind me and Kevin on the guitar.  The crowd sang along and cheered for me as I sang a favorite song of mine.  As it came to a finish, the girls, and a handful of men cheered as I bowed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Jazmin Montanez!" the three boys said and I smiled waving at the crowd.  I turned to look at the boys shooting them quick glares.  They could have at least warned me about going on stage.

I turned to the left and made my exit as the crowd was still chanting my name.  That was how it felt to sing in front of thousands of screaming fans.  Once out of sight, I could feel my body shaking with adrenaline.  My blood was pumping throughout me and I wanted to go out there and rock the night.

The boys continued with their concert as planned with me backstage dancing away with Danielle.  She was very sweet, I missed her from the last time we were together.  Her and Kevin were such a sweet couple.  I never pictured the two without the other.

"Let me tell you Jaz, you sound amazing!  You will be just like those boys, singing in no time," Danielle stated as she hugged me.  I hugged her back as the boys ran off the stage.  We headed down the hall into a small room.

"Jazzy you made the crowd go wild!" Nick said grabbing me and kissing me passionately in front of all that were around us.

We pulled apart and Joe and Kevin hugged me afterward.  I had no problem with the boys being sweaty and gross.  I saw them after every show of theirs from this tour and they never had frowns on their faces.  They were always in a great mood, doing what they loved.

Tomorrow was the start of the boys having a week off from their tour.  They were going to use the week for promoting and having as much free time as possible.  In five days it is also going to be my fourteenth birthday.  Exciting right?!  To be on tour with the Jonas Brothers as well as dating the youngest one?  I knew it was too good to be true, but some how, it was true.