Chapter Three: The Jonas'

His touch to my hand almost made me melt within contact.  I thought I was going to faint.  My eyes looked to his, both my brown eyes and his brown eyes making immediate contact.  We shook hands as my smile was still on my face.  He smiled back at me as my smile didn't leave.  Obviously, I couldn't talk.  I tried to open my mouth to talk, but nothing came out.  I probably looked like a fish opening and closing my mouth.  I was way too star struck.  He decided to say something after we let go of each others hands.

"I saw you moving your things in, so I decided to come and introduce myself.  Then I saw you... umm.. spinning here," Nick stated and chuckled nervously.  I looked down embarrassed as he said that.  I nervously chewed on my bottom lip and shook my head in disappointment.  Great, Nick Jonas just saw me looking incredibly stupid.  I looked back up and saw him also looking down.  I supposed it was my turn to talk. 

"Yeah.. we just flew in from Michigan.  I moved out there when I was going into the third grade.  I was born here though.  Oh yeah, I'm Jazmin by the way," I rambled and smiled softly at him.  I was in the youngest Jonas' presence right now.  He know knew my name.  I swear this was all a dream.  It was really hard to believe for me.  Nick smiled as he watched me, his chocolate hues making me melt.  It looked like he was trying to think about something.

"What elementary school did you go to when you lived here?" he asked and looked at me.

"Umm.. Loma Vista Elementary in Whittier.  It's on a big hill, white with blue trimmings." I don't know why I described the school, but I looked back at him.  What an odd question to ask...  "Did you go to school here?"

Nick looked like he had clicked something in his head.  It looked like his eyes widened too, but only for a split second.  "Umm me?  Yeah, I went to school nearby and stuff," he said.  I looked at him confused.  I thought he would of given me a few more details, but he said no more than that.

"Well that's cool.  I only went to-"

"Nick!  Dinner's going to be ready in ten minutes," a voice yelled out interrupting me from the house beside mine.  Nick Jonas was my neighbor..?  Now this I can live with.  I would have to be less of an idiot and stop spinning.  It was like I was in my own dang movie.  It was all really too good to be true.

Nick gave me an apologetic smile and looked at me.  "I'm sorry about that.  I have to go help out really quick with setting up.  Umm.. would you and your family like to come eat with us?  We always have plenty of food.  Plus, my mom loves having company, especially new neighbors," he stated and smiled his cute smile that many people don't see often.  It seemed like he was the one rambling now.

I thought about his words and smiled back at him, "I would love to.  I will see you in... two minutes?"

"Sounds great.  See you then, Jazmin," Nick said and walked over to his house.  Gosh, I basically melted when he said my name out loud.  Nick Jonas knows my name.  How did I get so lucky?  How did my mom end up choosing the house right next to my celebrity heartthrob?  I would say luck, but I know it must have been God in some strange event.

I ran over to my front door and walked in.  There, my mom was flipping through the channels.  "Hey kid.  What do you want to do for dinner?" she asked and looked over to me.  I smiled and sat beside her.  Funny how she brought up dinner.

"Well, I just met one of our neighbors.  They invited us over for dinner.  It starts soon too.  Oh, and you will never guess who our neighbors are," I said and smiled widely at her.

"Who is it?  Hannie Montanie?" she said and smirked at her little joke.  My mom made a lot of silly jokes like that, always made me laugh.  Then again, almost anything made me laugh.