Chapter Ten: The Answer

My eyes looked around the bus and noticed that no one else was here beside Nick and myself.  He was standing in front of me wearing a black blazer with a white v-neck shirt, black jeans, and a pair of Converse.  His right hand was holding a beautiful yellow rose and his smile was turned up in an apologetic smile.  He walked towards me and grabbed my hand with his left hand.  He pulled  me over to the small couch and we both sat down.

"Jazzy, I'm... sorry," he said looking at me.  A single tear rolled down my cheek and I stood up.  I looked down at his shocked expression and I walked out of the bus.  Right outside Joe and Kevin were standing there giving big smiles.  Nick the followed me out and I rushed to the end of the bus.

"Jaz stop!  Please just listen to me," Nick stated.

I shook my head no as tears began to pour over on my cheeks.  His arms then engulfed me into a warm embrace.  "No Nick... let go of me," I said in between sobs and trying to push away from him.  I didn't budge as he pulled me closer to him with his arms around my waist.

"I will never let you go," he whispered in my ear.

We both were being unbelievably stubborn.  For about thirty minutes, Nick and I were still outside pushing and pulling.  I was trying to get away from him, but he was not letting me go.  The whole situation was playing out in my head as a joke.  This was silly.  Why was I arguing with Nick Jonas?

Another thirty minutes flew by and we were in a totally different position.  Off to the side of the tour bus, a patch of grass was there.  Laying down on the grass, Nick and I were talking.  Our subjects ranged from music to roller coasters to food and to cartoons.  Our laughing died out a little at another private joke between us ended.

"I think we should head back into the bus, you and your brothers have a concert in a couple hours.  He quickly stood up and he held his hand out to me.  My cheeks began to get rosy by the skin to skin contact.  He held onto my hand, making me smile uncontrollably and we walked towards the bus entrance.  Nick then stopped before his hand reached the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked worried.  I could feel his thumb brush my hand and his eyes looked into mine.  I could see his face was inching towards me.  My breath got caught in my throat, seeing his mouth inching more and more towards mine.  Our faces couldn't inch any closer, our noses were touching, and I could feel his breath against me.  My breath was heightened and coming out shallowly.

Closing my eyes, I waited for his lips to find mine.  I could feel his soft lips caress mine in a passionate kiss.  My arms went around his neck and his arms around my waist.  Suddenly, I saw a bright, white flash.  I could tell Nick saw it too because we both pulled away from each other.

"I could see it now, Nick Jonas Plays Tonsil Hockey with Mystery Chick," the paparazzi male stated with a sly smile.  He ran off quickly as Nick and I were frozen just watching him run away from us.  My eyes looked at Nick and he looked at me.

"Nick... your fans are going to kill the living day lights out of me!  They will see me kissing you and they will go after me," I was shaking.  My hands began to tremble and he grabbed them to calm me.

"You will be fine.  I won't let anyone hurt you.  It'll be okay," he said and kissed my cheek.  He opened the door to the bus and let me go in.  My mind was still set on the picture that the guy caught.  I was distracted with it all.  What if it blew up and every girl was out to get me?  Jonas fans were very dedicated to the band and when one girl began to date one of the boys, girls went wild.

As soon as we entered the bus, Joe and Kevin were looking at us, expecting us to reveal some type of news to them.  Nick looked at me and I looked at him.  Joe walked over to us and he placed one hand on Nick and the other me, "So.....?  What's the answer?"

My eyebrows rose in question, "The answer...?  To what?"

Joe looked at me then he looked at Nick.  My head was throbbing with all that was going on, I just wanted to know what they were talking about.

"Jazzy," Nick turned to look at me and Joe stepped away from the both of us, "I like you.. a lot.  I want you to be my girlfriend.  Now, if you don't want to be, I will completely understand."

My heart was speeding up.  I looked at his warm brown eyes and he looked at me with a small smile.  By the look in his eyes, I could tell he was nervous.  My eyes went from him to Joe.  Joe was giving a reassuring smile and Kevin was smiling goofy.

"Of course, I would love to be your girlfriend," I whispered softly and smiled uncontrollably.  Nick's eyes widened with joy and his tight lipped smile expanded to a full on, showing his white teeth, smile.  His lips quickly found mine making my cheeks blush a shade of pink.

"There's the answer," Kevin stated as he smiled brightly.

The bus was quiet, no one in it but myself.  My hand wrote away on my notebook whatever I was thinking.  I was never much of a song writer, but since I was on tour with the Jonas Brothers I was slightly inspired to write songs.  Tapping my pen against my chin I wondered what to write next.

My head was spinning in circles.  'Every Jonas Brothers' fan is going to hate me,' I thought over and over to myself.  My eyes looked down at my notebook as I heard Nick making his way over to me.  I quickly shut it and looked up to his brown eyes and his curly locks.

"Hey Jaz, are you alright?  You seem out of it," he asked as he laid down beside me.  I moved over to make some room for him.  His arms were quickly around me, Nick holding me close to him making me feel safe.

I didn't want to worry about my thoughts and I didn't want him to be worried about me.  Nick was sweet and already had much on his plate.  I didn't want to add more to that full plate.  "I just don't know how people are going to react with you and me," I said and let my eyes fall to my hands tangles up in each other.

When I lived in Michigan, that's all I got from people.  Mean stares, whispers going around, and many rumors that were all incorrect about me.  Now, the whole world will watch me kissing Nick Jonas.  Girls will tackle me down.  "I don't want to die by your fans," I said with a chuckle.  His hand ran through my hair and his grin was soft, no teeth showing yet.

"Don't worry about it.  Don't let it get to you.  My brothers and I had to warm up to the idea of being big, it wasn't too hard.  You'll be okay, I'll be with you the entire time," Nick said softly.  He was being so genuine.  His eyes were looking into mine and then there it was.  His smile spread across his face, all his teeth showing right down at me.  Everyone knows a big smile from Nick Jonas was almost impossible.  But with me, it almost seemed so effortless.

My smile appeared as my eyes rested on his.  I let my head go down to his chest.  This tour, although it barely started, was already waring on me.  I was getting tired sooner than later and I now understood why touring is so important and tiring.  Hearing Nick's heartbeat was calming.  My mind still couldn't believe I was in this bus, laying with Nick Jonas, his brothers in the other side of the bus playing video games.  My mind was on overload.  My eyes began to shut, feeling Nick's hand in my hair and his heartbeat pounding in my ear, soothing me to sleep.