Chapter Seven: The Change

My eyes were glued to his brown eyes as he waited for me to answer.  “Jazzy…?  What did your mom say?  Is she alright with you coming along for the summer tour?” he asked anxiously.  I could see his brown eyes shifting, scanning my face.  He searched for an answer from my eyes.  I held my eyes on his for a while more.

“My… my mom said no…” I said and looked down.  It was really weird.  I could feel how upset he had just felt.  I looked up at his face and he was resting his elbows on his legs and pinching the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes.

“I don’t understand.  Why won’t she let you come?  I mean… it is all summer and you won’t see each other much.  Plus you’d be going with a family you haven’t really known for long.  But it’ll be a good experience for you to have!  You’d see all the stars and everyone!  I mean everyone!  Can’t she just-“

I couldn’t stand it anymore.  I laughed softly and he stopped rambling as he snapped his head over to look at me.  “Nicholas, Nicholas, Nicholas.  You are so gullible.  My mom is letting me go!  I can go on tour with you guys,” I said as I laughed at his facial expression.  He looked confused, then a little mad, then extremely ecstatic.

“You can come?!  No way!  Oh man, I love your mom!  She is the best and this is just the beginning!  I need to get you back for that trick there,” Nick said with a sly smile plastered on his face.  The smile on my face slid down and I looked at him.  He was scooting closer to me and my heart began to beat speedy fast.  He placed his hand at my side and moved his hand around at an attempt to tickle me.

He tried for a while to get a laugh out at me.  “You aren’t ticklish?!” Nick asked as he looked at me with his wide brown eyes.

I on the other hand was dazed.  ‘He has his hands on me.  His brown eyes are looking at me.  He’s asking me a question.  Oh crap!’ I thought to myself.  “Oh, umm… No.  I’ve never been ticklish,” I explained and he made another funny face.

“You aren’t ticklish?  You are the first girl that I’ve ever known not to be ticklish,” he said and smirked softly at me.  That smirk was killing me.  He was just there looking so cute.  I smiled at him and just nodded.

“I know, I know.  I’m a weird one,” I said and laughed softly.

Nick smiled at me, “It’s alright.  I like them weird.”  Once again, Nick Jonas shocked me with what he said.  Did he just say he liked me?

Two days later, I was sitting outside my porch yawning and waiting for the tour bus to come pick me and the boys up.  I looked up at the sky which was barely getting some light and color to it.  Another yawn escaped as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.  The blanket wrapped around me was trying to keep me warm.  The army print was facing the outside and the neon orange was on the inside.  My mom had made that blanket for me two Christmases ago.

As my eyes began to shut again, Joe had to ruin it.  “Finally!  The bus is here!” he said as he got up from his porch and ran to the overly sized bus.  I kind of laughed and rolled my eyes.

“Hey Joe, you know people are still trying to sleep at 6:00 in the morning,” I said and laughed as I stood up from the porch.  I held my blanket closer to me to keep me warm and I tried to grab my bags.  All of a sudden a saw a hands grab my two bags.  I looked up and saw Nick’s tired, but smiling face.  “Thanks,” I said softly and smiled at him.

“No problem.  Are you excited for the tour?” Nick asked as we walked over to the bus.  He opened the door and led us into the bus.  I just nodded with a slight yawn and smiled.  He smiled back and gave me a tour of the bus.  “This is where the driver will be… driving.  Here is the kitchen slash living room area.  We usually just play video games and eat here.  Over here are the four bunks.  And over here is the bathroom which includes a sink, toilet, and shower,” Nick said and walked me throughout the bus.  I smiled as we were all in the bus now.