Chapter Six: The Ditch Day

We were all on our way back to the Jonas' household.  The car was full of laughter as Joe was cracking the usual jokes and hilarious stories.  "I know right!  And then, Nick's face was covered in milk!" Joe said, making the whole car laugh.  Well, everyone but Nick.  Nick was fast asleep.  His head was against the window and he was lightly snoring.

The ride was over and all got out but me and Nick.  I took my seat belt off and looked at Nick.  "Nicholas, boy, wake up.  You're home," I said and shook him slightly on the arm.  I gulped as my hand was on Nick's bicep.  I shook him a little bit more this time, "Come on Nicholas."

Nick stirred a bit and groaned.  "Mom.. five more minutes please.." he mumbled and started to fall back asleep.  I laughed a little as I shook my head.

"Nicholas, do I look like your mother?" I asked loudly so he could wake up.  His eyes shot open and he snapped his head to look to me.  His eyes widened in embarrassment.  He cleared his throat as he took his seat belt off.

"Jazzy I am so sorry.  I thought I was in my room.  I didn't mean to.." Nick rambled as he got out of the car and helped me out also.  I was laughing quietly to myself as he rambled.  He was embarrassed and nervous.

"Nicholas, do you know you're the only person who calls me that?  You can only call me that," I stated and smirked as he smiled over to me.  The others were already inside and Nick was walking me over to my house.

"Well, to tell you the truth, my mom only calls me by my whole first name.  I will let it slide with you too though," he said and grinned over to me.  My heart skipped a beat or something.  This boy was nothing but amazing.

We were on my porch and I started to unlock the door.  I opened it and I looked over to him.  His chocolate brown eyes were looking at me and there was a small smile on his face.  His curls were sitting there on the top of his head.  I smiled at him and turned the porch light on.  "Well I guess I will see you later?" I said and looked down to my feet.  Obviously, boys were not on my list of Things I Do Great.

"Well, about that.  I was wondering if I could come over tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe around 1:30ish?  I have an interview in the morning and a photo shoot.  Do you think I could come on by afterward?" Nick asked me slightly quicker than how he usually speaks.  Was he nervous?  Why was he nervous?

He had caught me off guard when he asked this.  "Yeah, yeah of course you can.  I'll be here all day anyways," I said and shrugged slightly.  "I guess I will see you then," I said and smiled as I walked into my house.

Nick nodded and smiled watching me walk inside.  "Night Jazzy.  Sweet dreams," he said and smiled over at me.  I smiled back, trying to keep my cool down.

"Night Nicholas," I said and closed the door.  I almost squealed once the door was closed.  Nick actually wants to hang over at my house tomorrow!  This summer has been the best over the years, and it has only been a few days!  I walked in the kitchen with a gigantic smile on my face.  I turned the light on and saw a post-it note on the counter.  Sitting on top of the counter with a small yawn, I grabbed it.

Kid,

Sorry this is so last minute Jaz but I had to leave on a business trip.  I'm flying to Australia right now.  They need help with a diagnosis.  I've left the Jonas' in charge since they are great people and will watch over you.   I will call you tomorrow to make sure everything is all right.  Love you Kid!

Mom

No adults in the house for a while?  Sounds pretty legit to me.  I crumbled up the paper and tossed it in the trash can.  Turning off the light, I yawned again and walked up the stairs to the restroom.  I slid my contacts out and grabbed my glasses.  Changing into my PJ's I heard something outside.  I walked over to the window and I could see right into Nick's bedroom window.  He was playing his guitar and singing.  It sounded too muffled to hear him, but I'm pretty sure it sounded swell.