Chapter Twelve: The Hospital

I woke up to the bus in motion.  My forehead was beaded with sweat as my eyes shot up and I looked up to Nick.  His warm brown hues were looking down at me.  His arms were wrapped around my waist and his face was concerned, "Are you okay?  I didn't want to wake you, you kind of just suddenly woke up.."

My head was pounding uncontrollably, making me wince and groan as I shut my eyes in pain.  The fall was more than I thought.  "Nick... I don't feel good.." I spoke softly as I gripped my head.  I could feel a slight bump on the back of my head and I cried softly, "Nick it hurts!" I cried in a slur as he held me close.

Nick nodded his head and kissed me softly, "Hold on Jazzy, let me go tell the bus driver or Kevin or something."  Nick was panicking, as was I, I never felt a headache quite like this.  I couldn't feel my fingers and my speech was slurred.  My mind was going to the worst immediately.  I was going to die or have a really bad disease of some sort.  Nick then came back with Kevin at his heels. 

"Jaz, Nick said you aren't feeling well so we're gonna make our way to the nearest hospital off of the freeway.  Don't worry alright?" Kevin asked and I nodded as I felt more tears stream down my face.  They made their way back to the front of the bus and I tried to sit up, but I felt too weak to do it on my own.

"Slow your roll there Jaz," Joe rushed over to my side to lay me back down to stay still.  He pulled the blanket around me and he smiled softly, "You may have a concussion, so just stay in bed.  Moving a lot can make it worse, just relax," Joe stated as he brushed back my hair to feel my forehead.  His thumb then brushed some tears away as I closed my eyes in pain.  These Jonas boys were all so helpful, going out of their ways to help me get to a hospital.

"Why are you smiling jerk," I tried to make a joke of the situation, just because I didn't want them all to see me crying stupidly like this.

I felt my head throbbing harder as I opened my eyes to look up at Joe.  He placed his hands over my eyes, causing me to close them, "Try to sleep, we will get you to where you need to be," Joe's voice was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.  Everything was dark, no noise was heard, I simply fell into a deep sleep before we got to the hospital entrance.

Beep.  Beep.  Beep.  My ears picked up a machine nearby as well as feet shuffling around.  My eyes fluttered open to the dim lit hospital room.  The moon was outside my window in whatever city we were in now.  I wondered how long we were here in this hospital.  My head had less pain than the last time I was up.  It felt at ease till I looked down at my arm.  An IV was stuck in me.  Another addition to my fear of loud noises was needles.

I ripped my eyes away from the horrid sight and I looked over to my left.  I hadn't even noticed that Nick was holding my hand.  He was sitting in a hospital chair and he was resting his head on his arm on top of my hospital bed.  His eyes were shut and his breathing was nice and even.  Looking past Nick, Joe was laying down on the couch that was against the wall.  I couldn't help but smile at the fact that these two were here right now.

"Nicholas... Nicholas wake up," I whispered as I squeezed his hand and slightly nudged him.  A yawn escaped his lips and his eyelids lazily opened.  As soon as he saw me, his eyes widened.

"Jazzy, you're up!" his voice raspy from sleeping.  I shushed him pointing over to Joe sleeping on the couch.  Nick smiled and kissed me softly on the lips.  "Let me go get the nurse," he said and stood up.  I didn't let go of his hand.

"Have we been here since I woke up earlier then went back to sleep?" I asked before he left.

Nick's face fell lightly as he shook his head at me.  He kissed my hand softly and brushed my hair out of my face.  "We've been here for a day and a half.  You had a bad concussion from when you fell at Disneyland... I'm so sorry about that.. the fans got out of hand," he explained as I let go of his hand.  He quickly went into the hall to look for my nurse.