Look At How Far I've Come

August POV

I'm in the nursery with Drake,putting up one of the cribs. It was coming along pretty great,so far almost all of my baby boy stuff was ready. Me and Ci agreed to do the babygirl by ourselves and tell everyone at the baby shower.

"So now that everything is settled out what the next step?" Drake asks

I had a talk with Victor and it went well,everything is in the right path now.

"This wedding,3 more weeks man" I sigh

"You ready?" He asks

"More than anything" I smile

"Where's the honeymoon?" He asks

"Ok don't tell her,it's a surprise" I say

"Ok I got you" He says

"Bora Bora,not too far,not too close" I say

"That's nice as hell bro" He says

I nod my head in agreement and we finish up the crib. When we done I order some pizza and hot wings and we sit on the couch watching TV,waiting for it.

"When the girls coming back?" He asks

I look at the time and see it's 1:56.

"They should be here by now" I say

The store is not that far,just then the door opens and I hear their laughter. They come into the living room and I reach my arms out for Ci. I pull her in my lap and wrap my arms around her waist. The doorbell rings and Drake goes to get it,he comes back a few seconds later with the pizza and sits it on the coffee table. He gets one of the sodas and some cups and we bless the food and we dig in.

Time goes by and soon it's approaching midnight,Drake and Nicki are in the guest room and I'm in the bedroom with Ci,rubbing her belly and talking to the babies. Who would've thought I would be where I'm at right now,engaged with twins on the way,a world famous R&B singer,and doing shit legally. Not a day goes by I don't think to myself and remember the times there was no one else,I felt so alone,there was pain that I felt,some pain is still here but it's slowly going away. Cause even self made niggas don't wanna do it by themselves. And God gave me the will when there was nothing left
Lord knows that I tried,Lord knows that I cried. Those nights I couldn't eat I had to swallow my pride,But through it all one thing remained,I kept it real I stayed the same. And I made it through a lot of pain,had a lot of sleepless nights,but still I have to fight. So I went and got up out the dirt when they told me it would never work and the bad just kept on getting worse,had to tell myself a few words from the heart. I know some days people feel like giving up,feel like time is running out and all you have is doubt. Tryna keep your head up,but you fed up,tryna stack your bread up,like how come the outcome of my income isn't dough comin? No one is helpin,they just out for theirself. Outchea tryna make a way,hoping there's a better day and when you think that you're done and the storm is raging look through the clouds and you can see the sun. Sometimes I know it's hard and life can have you stressing,but you should count your blessings in every single lesson you've learned. It takes hard work in getting up out the dirt,but how could you know pleasure if you never knew hurt? We all go through our share of pain,ups and downs for reasons that I can't explain. But when it's all said and done and you think you've run as far as you can run sit back and say look at how far I've come and I'm here. If you think nobody feels you,best believe I know. Look at how far I've come,even though I'm outchea stressing still I gotta do my best and let it go. So I can't look back now,I gotta keep pressing on, til I make it somehow.

A/N: August is finally starting to let go of his past? YASSS GOD!