Countryside Love: 12 ~ Good News

12 ~ Good News

A month had passed since I last talk to Derek. He would give me a call now and again and sometime I wouldn’t pick it up. The first time he called, he asked if I want to hang out with him. I told him I was busy but on the second time he asked, I told him it wasn’t a good idea if it was just us two. He agreed that I bring Beck along but he didn’t know that I will bring Libby and Josh with me. When he saw that Libby and Josh came, he looked disappointed but pretends he wasn’t bothered.

Derek told me that he got tickets for an aquarium but it was only for three because he didn’t expect that Libby and Josh would come along. Josh wasn’t please with that and snapped at him and asked why he didn’t just ask his girlfriend and her best friend to come along with him.

Derek looked embarrassed and scratched the back of his head. He looked uncomfortable before looking at Libby and Josh. Derek open his mouth but didn’t able to say anything because Libby’s phone rang and she pick it up. Her face then light up like she just received a present that she always wanted.

When she hangs up, she hugged me and Josh and kissed Beck on the cheeks and told me that she got admitted to the college here in the city. Libby and I jumped hugging each other with excitement. We then looked at Josh; he was glaring at his phone which made me and Libby curious. When we look over his shoulder we saw that he was checking his emails.

We then realise what he was looking for, he was checking if he too got into the college here in the city. When he found what he was looking for through the junks in his mail, he started jumping too, he was also admitted meaning they both will be staying in my place. Our house might be small but my mother agreed that they stay with us instead of renting a room.

They agreed to stay with us and to use the living room and the sofa bed. We were so wrapped up with the thought of being together again that we had forgotten about Derek who cleared his throat.

I apologised to him for that and for leaving early because I wanted to tell my mother about the good news but Derek seemed very upset as he snap at us saying that he only wanted to spend time with Beck. Libby wasn’t pleased with that too though and snapped back saying that he should just asked his girlfriend to go out with him instead.

Derek’s face went red and yelled that they broke up the night of his party because he realise that he wanted to be with me that anyone else. That shut us up but Beck cried and I had to sooth him by rocking him back and forth.

Libby and Josh looked uncomfortable, not because Derek yelled at him because everyone else was looking at us especially Derek. Libby and Josh apologise and told me that they will go ahead and tells my mother but not before both of them whispered ‘good luck’ to me.

“So…” Was all I could say while I hold Beck around my arms.

Derek looked embarrassed and apologies for his behaviour. He then offers to carry Beck which I gladly take because that boy was getting heavier every single day. Derek guides me to his car before putting Beck into his booster and after he opened the passenger seat for me.

“Before we go,” Derek said making me look at him, “this is not us hanging out as friends. This is a date.” After that I looked away and blushed.

The whole time Derek holds my hand and there was even time that we heard a few people said that we looked like a cute family. That made me even blush harder and Derek was enjoying every bit of that attention.

By the end of the day, Derek dropped me back home. He walked me to front door with Beck on his arms and shyly, I asked him if he wants to come in which he did. As soon as we walk in, my mother needed to do the grocery and asked Josh to help her. Then Libby said she wanted to go to the park but the park were normally full of children so she wanted to borrow Beck so it doesn’t looked weird that she hangs in there without a kid. That left me and Derek together at my house. I apologise for their weirdness even though Derek knew what they were all up to.

At first things were pretty awkward but then slowly it lighten up when Derek made a joke. When everything seems to be going well Derek asked me if I wanted to go on a date with him again and hesitantly I said no and confess to him what I was afraid of and what really happened with me and Taylor after seeing his hurt expression.

Derek said he understands and told me that we’ll take things slowly and we did. We started with just dates like going out for dinner, go out to have a picnic sometimes with Beck and every now and again if he is not working, he’ll hang out at the house and everyone will make excuses to give us privacy but only most of the time.

That’s continues on until we kissed. After that things had been slightly different. He became more sweet and caring. Then he would invite me and Beck over to his house over night and sometimes a week. Things were definitely going very serious.