Countryside Love: 2 ~ Foolish Dreams

2 ~ Foolish Dreams

The kiss was something like a dream when I woke up the next day. I can barely remember the details but I remember feeling so happy even with a very bad hang over. However, my life is like ying and yang.

When life gives me something good, something bad follows after. For example, I’m grounded for a week. I can’t invite my friends over, I can’t use my laptop or watch the television but my mother is nice enough to let me have my phone with a price. I have to clean the house from top to bottom and do the gardening.

In the end, I still couldn’t hate my mother or even be mad at her for grounding me which very rare to happen – to point out how rare, I only been grounded five times in my entire eighteen years of my life (I said eighteen because I moved back to the city to go to college so she can’t really ground me when I’m about miles away).

I did deserved being grounded after how I act when I got home. I don’t remember all of it, only bits and pieces of it. I do remember getting home and practically trashing the house, why? I have no clue but let me know if you found out. Then I remember being sick here and there. The next day, my mother have to take an emergency day off because I was still ‘sick’ but when I woke up, she’s pretty cross at me and made me clean the house and scrub the floor and furniture that got… yeah, you probably got it.

For a week, I couldn’t see Taylor but I was able to keep in touch with Libby and Josh. Josh told me that Taylor wanted my number but Libby refused to give it to him. I was mad at her for that but didn’t say anything because Libby is the type of person you don’t want to get into her bad side and she can hold a grudge, that’s why even Josh refuse to tell Taylor.

Taylor did come to my house in the middle of the night even though Josh had warned him not to. Josh told me, Taylor was the one who drop me off when I was completely wasted and making a fool of myself – according to Josh.

You know those films, where the guys try to throw small peddles on your window to get your attention. That’s what Taylor was doing. I quickly jumped out of bed that night, open the window and freaked out like a mad man. I whisper-yelled at him to go but he wasn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer as he continues to try to make me come down. He didn’t leave until he realise my mother was standing at the backdoor with a baseball bat on her hand and glaring at him.

The thing about my mother is, she’s loving and caring woman but she got a good hearing. She can hear if you try to sneak out of the house or sneak in. she can hear you if you mumble something bad under your breath and these how she found out about my father’s affair – that’s another story to tell.

I laugh my head off as I watch Taylor run for his life with my mother chasing after him and yelling at him. After that, Josh had called me the next day telling me the entire story Taylor said to him and Libby. He also informed me that Libby said that he deserved it for being an idiot. It was odd for Libby to be already mad at someone she barely known and she doesn’t hold grudge on people that bump into her before. That’s why Josh and I were so puzzled at her attitude but didn’t say anything about it.

When my punishment was finally over, Josh and Libby picked me up from my house and we treat ourselves with popsicles. Taylor joined our group with his friends in the afternoon while Libby walked off and made excuses that she need to do some ‘stuff’ when Josh, Libby and I know that ‘stuff’ she needs to do is a lie.

“What’s wrong with her?” Josh mumbled to me and all I can do is shrug my shoulder while Taylor and his friends looked between Libby and us in confusion.

“What do you guys want to do now?” I piped in, changing the awkward silent that settled in. “I don’t know about you guys but I feel like surfing today.”

“Count me in!” Josh said raising his hands up but I saw the relief on his face.

“Sounds good!” Harold said and Marvin agreed too. They both looked at Taylor with this knowing look before Taylor sighed and agreed. “Come on then!” Marvin said, jumping off his seat and we all followed him laughing at his excitement.

The rest of the afternoon we spent it with competing with each other in surfing before Libby would join us to go to the bonfire tonight at Evian Lounge that they always host every summer. It always has fireworks, free buffet and dancing. It was like a night club on the beach but no alcohol because everyone even underage can come.

I went home to wear my sexiest dress but not too revealing. Josh then picked me up since he is two houses away from mine. Josh had changed into smart-casual clothes. Libby was going to meet us at the Evian Lounge and we did, she’s wearing a black corset with black leather short but she sure was rocking the look as I remember every guy checking her out.

Taylor and his friends came around an hour later. They said they had to wait for each other to finish having a shower since they share rooms at the hotel. Josh, Libby and I were already eating by then when Taylor and his friends came back with their plates. We chat and laugh except for Libby who looked bored like always whenever Taylor and his friends are around.

After our food finished, I can tell how much Libby looked relief when a guy she’s been checking out had asked her for a dance but in my opinion, she was relief that she can get away from Taylor and his friends. I still didn’t know what’s the deal was but I knew she’ll tell me sooner or later, I just hope its sooner.

Josh had wander off ages ago when he saw his friends. When I say friends, friends who are just like him. Sometimes he wander off with them when he feels like he is out of place with me and Libby which is rare but in my opinion, he is just doing me a favour to be alone with Taylor since his friends already bailed on him with some chicks.

“So… want to dance?” Taylor asked and trying to keep my cool, I said ‘yes’ but inside I was jumping up and down.

We dance and dance, song after song, grinding against each other without any care like everyone else. At eleven fifty-five, the song stops and the DJ announced that the fireworks will start in five minutes. So we all walk nearer to the water to get a better view since the fireworks will come from the boat on the water like always.

When seconds were left, we started counting with everyone else and on zero, rather than watching the fireworks my head was turn to my left and my lips collide with Taylor’s lips. We were making out while everyone was cheering.

It was the most romantic thing that ever happened to me and I couldn’t help but wish that this never stop or if I was dreaming, I wished to never wake up.