Countryside Love: 4 ~ The Wedding and The First Fight

4 ~ The Wedding and The First Fight

It was Josh’s father and his step-mother’s wedding. Mr Gale didn’t mind that Taylor and his two friends come joined the wedding which by the way made Libby very unhappy but didn’t say anything at all but I see her looking at Taylor. She didn’t look mad or anything, she was just staring at him. Josh too found it very weird.

Josh tried to stay happy… no he is not unhappy because he’s father is remarrying or anything like that, he is ecstatic for that. Josh had been upset because the band that supposed to be playing for his father’s reception couldn’t make it because the drummer fell off the stair last night and the last minute cancellation did it for him.

If you are wondering how Josh father is okay with having a gay son, it’s very simple to explain. Quadruplet older sisters. Josh was only four when their mother died from a heart attack. His father is a lawyer and always out of town, leaving his daughters and sister to take care of his son which lead him to who he is now.

His father never thought of him as a failure though like some other father would. He is pretty proud of his son. He even asked him to organise his wedding rather than asking his daughters.

Anyway, Taylor came in as my partner. We bought a matching lamp that came from a two for one at the furniture store and quickly wrapped it before going to the wedding.

My mother was working but she made me carry her gift for the couple. Mr Gale was very happy but sad too that my mother couldn’t come. In my opinion, my mother didn’t ‘forget’ to book it off because I think it would be awkward for her and Mr Gale for her to attend the wedding.

No, there’s no history between them but more like Josh’s step-mother is jealous of my mother because my mother and Josh’s father become close friends. It was Mr Gale who helps my mother with the divorce and the child support claim to my father. He also helps my mother move on but nothing happened between them. She’s also jealous because Josh treats my mother as his second mother to the point he evens calls her ‘mum’ but calls his step-mother by her given name.

“What’s wrong with Josh?” Harold asked. I remember how he was watching Josh with a frown. “He seems down even though he is smiling and greeting people.”

“The band that was supposed to play cancelled last minute and he couldn’t find anyone else to play.” I remember saying to Harold then I watched them looked at each other and said to me, “Well, we can play. We’re in a band.”

That’s how they become end up playing for the wedding reception but they were a man down. According to them, Marvin plays the drums, Taylor can play the guitar and who is also a back-up singer, Harold is the lead singer and can play the base but someone else normally plays base for them. They were supposed to be four of them in this trip but their base had chickenpox and couldn’t come.

Someone played the base for them though. It was one of Josh’s step-mother’s cousin or something. They were great in the party and everyone seems to love them including other girls.

I glare at the girls who were trying to get Taylor’s attention and he was giving them some by winking at them or smirking making them squeals louder. When they had a break, the girls crowded around him and flirt with him while flirts back at them. “I can’t believe him!” I said as he watched him flirts. Josh bites his lips and Libby snorts. “What is wrong with you?” I hissed at her.

I remember the face Libby gave me that night. It was the look of guilt and anger. “Nothing is wrong with me. It’s obvious though that there’s something wrong with your BOYFRIEND!” She spit the last word like it was a poison. “If I were you, I’ll keep an eye on him very carefully because that guy is like a snake!” Then, she left me and Josh astounded.

“What just happened?” Josh asked me that night and all I could do was looked at him with the same confusion and surprise in my face.

After the wedding reception, I gave Taylor a silent treatment for flirting with the other girls. He continued to ask me what he did wrong but I refuse to answer him until he got fed up and he pushed me into a pole with a very anger expression. I remember thinking it wasn’t a good idea to provoke him like them when he got quite a lot to drink but at the same time, I thought he deserved a punched.

“What the hell did I ever done to you to deserve this kind of treatment?” He yelled at me.

“You were flirting with other girls when I am just a few metres away from you!” I yelled back, feeling brave and the adrenaline in my vines pumps faster and faster.

The fight continues on with him denying it while I proved it to him that he was by giving him examples of what he done like for example one of the girl throw herself at him, squeezing her breast against his arms and what did he do? He tucks a stray strand of her hair behind her ear with that seductive smile.

The fight end up with me slapping him in the face before walking off but I didn’t get that far because Taylor grabs my wrist and pulled me to him. He then kissed me. I try to push him away but his arms were securing into place and before I knew it I gave up and kissed him back but the passion in the kiss was something I never felt before.

All I can remember thinking that moment was ‘I’m ready’.