Through A Friend

"So, (y/n), I can't wait for you to meet the guy that I've been talking to for awhile. He's super cute and has a nice ass!" your friend, (y/f/n), exclaimed, talking about the guy that she had been recently seeing.

You couldn't help yourself from letting the words flow out of your mouth, "Do you ever think of his personality? Like, is he nice and sweet?"

"I don't really care about that. I just want a nice lay." she giggled as she spoke.

You nodded and rolled your eyes a bit as you took a drink of your water, waiting for (y/f/n)'s boy toy.

"Hey, I'm so sorry that I'm late! I got caught up in afternoon traffic," a guy said as he approached the table you and (y/f/n) were sitting at.

"That's fine! I was just telling (y/n) about you!" (y/f/n) said.

"All good things, I hope." he smiled.

You looked at him and saw his cute smile again. Wow, he has a really pretty smile.

"Oh, shit, my name is Sam, by the way." he reached across the table and shook your hand.

"I'm (y/n)," you introduced yourself.

"I know a few of girls that have that name." he made small talk.

You nodded and smiled foolishly, then looked towards (y/f/n). She was staring st Sam in awe.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Sorry, I have to take this." (y/f/n) got up and walked towards a less crowded area.

"So, where's your boyfriend?" Sam asked you.

"Um, I actually don't have one," you admitted.

"Hmph, I would've thought that you had one. (Y/f/n) told me that it was going to be a double date and such." Sam took a drink of water.

"She's a sneaky one." you rolled your eyes a little bit.

"Totally changing the subject, what do you do? Like, what interests you?"

"Well, I'm in college to be a Pediatrics Physician, but I'm not totally just interested in that stuff. I love taking photos, like of nature or just of people. I don't know, I'm kinda a dork when it comes to that stuff. I love singing. I used to always want to be a singer and a photographer when I was younger, but reality hit me. I had to be realistic and actually go for something that I could do, you know?" I rambled on.

"You can be anything you want to be. You just gotta work hard at it." Sam winked.

"I'm so sorry, Sam. I have to go, there's something going on at work. We can all reschedule sometime soon!" (Y/f/n) came back to the table.

"That's okay, we can definitely reschedule," Sam looked up at her and flashed a smile.

"Thank you so much. I'll call you tonight, okay?" she continued.

"Yeah." he smiled more.

"Bye." she waved to you.

You waved back with a slight smile, then looked back at Sam.

"Do you wanna stay here and get some lunch? You must be starving, I had the both of you waiting a while."

"I'm sorry, I can't. She was gonna pay for me. I got here and realized that I left my wallet at home," you said slowly with an ashamed look.

"I'll pay, it's on me." Sam smiled.

You shook your head in denial. "You're not paying for me, it's okay. I live like ten minutes from here, it's not a big deal."