Chapter 6: Story Time!

"Crapbaskets!" Juno yelled, tripping over nothing. It was very early in the morning, and everyone, save Juno, was asleep. When she had yelled, it woke everyone except Aiden.

"Juno, what are you doing up so late?" Rose said, groggily.

"I couldn't sleep. Y'know, cause I don't have a bed in my room. So I got up to make bread. I don't really sleep much anyway."

"Oh ok. Seeing as all of us are up, why don't we take some time to strengthen our bonds as a group? I mean, if Amy attacks, it would be good to know about each other."

"Sure! I'll go first!" Said a very exuberant Marie, especially for it being so early in the morning.

"Well, my family has always handed down an emerald necklace. It has one cat eye in it. It has a silver chain. As you can see, I'm wearing it now. Our families lore says that whoever this necklace chooses as its wearer, is next in line for some throne. My family never really paid much attention to this so I don't think they really notice it's missing," Marie had a good loud voice, like she was giving a school presentation. Everyone looked at each other to see who wanted to go next. With no one speaking up Atticus took it upon himself to talk.

"Well my past isn't as good so I'll tell all of you more about Rose's sister, Amy" Atticus said. "So five years after your mother gave birth to the two of you she came back with your sister, Amy, as she was the elder twin. For a couple of years your mother ruled fair and just but soon disappeared. Amy said she had died but we knew better, she had also said that you had died because of Henry, since he went to the mortal realm around the same time. One year later a prince from another dimension came, his name was Edmund. He was very socially awkward and didn't like many people. As people assumed then, Amy took him into her palace. Later though, as they learned the queen had plans, and Edmund was a vital part of them. He was corrupt, and was willing to let this world rot in order to achieve power. So he married Amy, seeing as this was an easy gateway to power," Atticus's voice was more husky, and deeper, as if he had something worth hiding.

"Out of curiosity, how do you know all these things about this world?" Henry asked.

"Well... see..." Atticus squirmed uncomfortably.

"My dad, he's well, he's a dragon, and very... uh... knowledgeable about this. He never told me why."

"What about you, George? What was your past like?" Rose asked, resting her elbows on her knees. She may not like the cocky knight but maybe getting to know him might help her in understanding why he is the way he is.

"Well milady, If you must know, your mother was like a mother to me, as I was adopted by her after running away from home. So later, I felt I must return the favor by guarding the royal blood with my life. I would easily give my life for you, my queen." Rose sat up. She was shocked by this statement, he was willing to die for her. She felt this weird feeling in her chest. It was almost the feeling of guilt but there was something else there and she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Anita, Anna, do either of you want to go next?" Juno inquired.

"Well, our past is kind of connected, so would you mind if we went at the same time?"

"Sure! Go ahead!"

"Well, we're adopted sisters," Anna started, "We live on a farm, working from dawn till dusk. Though, I would have to say that we don't do too much school work because we have to do so many other things in a day. Anyway, My original parents died when our house burned down," Anita took over.

"My original parents just dropped me off at an orphanage when I was really young, so I don't remember them. When I was at the orphanage and I was five, Anna came in and was my best friend from then on. We always had each other's backs. No one would dare pick on us," Aiden who was now awake, but still sleepy, wandered up to Juno, hugged her and said,

"Juno, do you remember when we were kids, and you would protect me? You were my only friend. No one would come near you, and me being your friend meant no one would come near me. I was able to play pranks on everyone in the entire school and because of that, always make you laugh and smile. Then we would get into friendly little fights, you would always beat me. Too bad nowadays people would make fun of us for being like that. I don't like having to pretend that I hate you everyday. Why can't people just stay young forever? Anyway, I wanted to say tha- SHIT OTHER PEOPLE ARE HERE!!!" Aiden said, just now fully waking up. He was blushing madly now, and growled,

"What the hell are you looking at?" He then stopped hugging Juno.

"And that, my friends, is why he is called Tsundere," Gaius said.