9. Tragic Comrade

And we're back! Finally. Sorry for the long wait. I felt unwell for the past few days, so I had to stop. But, we're back. Yay!

Okay, so this chapter's a bit unbelievably cray-cray, but that's because I was cray-cray when I was writing this. Also, since I'm not a very smart person, I don't know how to electrically compose this battle. I'll edit this in the future anyway, so yeah.

CVSF, as usual.

Byeonara retina.

-/-/-

9. Tragic Comrade

-/-/-

FAIRY TAIL GUILD HALL
December 11, X802... 16:51...

-/-/-

"Now, aren't you sweet?" the woman asks Gray as the Elements descend from the ceiling. "You managed to get back to your lovely home."

"What do you want from us?" an injured Gray demands as he stands up.

"A sample of everyone's blood, for no extraordinary reason," Element Two answers, smiling wickedly. "Of course, your blood is something we need so badly that we would have to kill you just to have it. But, since I am the kindest and the nicest of the Ten Elements, I'll spare your life."

"You're kidding."

"I am not. Now, hold out your arm."

"Why should I? Do I get something - at least, anything - in return?" Gray asks, keeping his arms to himself. "And, besides, holding out my arm is, like, handing over Fairy Tail's most sensitive information. You think I'd do that?"

"Then, we shall annihilate your friends currently in Territory C," the woman replies. "Just so you know, we have bombs implanted in the ground. Push a button, and there goes everyone."

"I don't believe you."

"You'd like some evidence, then?" she asks before summoning a magic screen that shows him an Element with the number 1357. He happens to be guarding Element Three's office quietly. With a twirl of a finger, he is blown to bits.

Gray looks taken aback. "You'd kill a comrade just to prove it? You people have sick, twisted minds!" he shouts.

"A comrade is someone powerful and intelligent. People like him are nothing but ignorant brats and oblivious creatures," she answers. "You know, your friend, Jade Greene, she can do that kind of trick as well."

It's true, though. There was a time back in the days that they were fighting Tornado Requiem. Now-deceased Second-In-Command Reginald Brown's minions who stood behind him suddenly fell into an unconscious state because of Jade's twirl of a finger. Gray remembers it well, knowing that it always was a mystery to him. [If you'd like to check that part out in Dramatically, you can. I just don't remember what chapter it was on. Lols, sorry.]

"I know, but she'd do it to enemies like you," he replies. "You've killed someone so innocent, and even though he was your ally and our enemy, I won't forgive you. Not one bit, you bastard."

Gray creates a sharp piece of ice and attempts to hit Element Two with it. He has to play it smart, to never let himself get hit by a weapon of hers that can take some of his blood. It would create a lot more risks, so he wouldn't dare.

"How merciful of you," she replies, smiling wickedly once more. "To be honest, I don't understand emotion. I don't understand what kind of bravery you have. How do you get rid of it? How do you erase it? Is there something I can never know without my own bravery? Tell me, Gray Fullbuster. What kind of courage do you have that makes you care for even your enemies?"