6. Tragic Greeting

Yo! It's been a while. Sorry for breaking my promises, friends.

But, here it is, to those who wait!

Chapter Six!

Finally.

CVSF!

-/-/-

6. Tragic Greeting

-/-/-

SEA
December 10, X802... 12:12...

-/-/-

Jade's stomach begins to rumble.

Gray's stomach begins to rumble.

"This is a pain in the ass," Gray remarks, putting his hands on the back of his head. "I haven't eaten in days."

"I haven't eaten in weeks," Jade counters, crossing his arms. "I'm the one who needs food here, idiot."

"Don't call me an idiot, meanie. Anyway, how have you been these years? It's been a really long time, thought you were dead."

"Well, I'm not," she replies, smiling. "I'm not doing so well, but still, they are trying to keep me alive for the sake of my magic. I never let them extract it. I've always weakened myself to the point I'm out of magic power, so they wouldn't take it."

"You've always been a tricky one, Jade. Even your illusions are as tricky as you, and it sucks not being the same," Gray remarks. "But, did they take you for royalty when they kidnapped you?"

"Oh, yeah. They stuffed me a whole lot and stuff like that. I'm not a fool, so I played along and tricked them. Sometimes, I even put poison in the champagne some of the Elements drink."

"You've been killing?"

"Don't worry, it's not really poison that can kill. It's poison that can make you pass out, that's all. I loved playing pranks with them."

"SERIOUSLY?!"

"Hell yeah. They're actually a bunch of morons and dim-witted first graders who don't know how life works sometimes."

"OH MY FREAKING MAVIS, JADE! YOU HAD TIME TO ESCAPE, BUT YOU CHOSE TO PRANK THEM?! YOU HAD US FUCKING WORRIED!"

"Well, they caught me when I tried and starting treating me as trash. Couldn't escape again... hey, why are your trousers different? They're not your usual."

"I was supposed to get married to Erza a few weeks ago. Elements crashed it and kidnapped me," Gray answers. "It was pretty hectic, seeing Erza all mashed and broken up inside. Drove me crazy when the damned ones told me about their plan. They didn't extract my magic at all."

"Or maybe, they did, when you were knocked out."

"Possibly. It felt like a lifetime."

"Mine felt like dozens of lifetimes."

"True that."

Gray and Jade were never really the best of friends. On their Erza Adventure, they occasionally got stuck with each other, but never got along really well. Again, they're stuck, but Gray's grateful to see one of his frenemies alive.

"So, has Fairy Tail changed?" Jade asks.

"Uh, yeah, a bit. But, really, not many people have joined or left. Everything's still fine, until those Elements crashed our wedding."

"Ah, interesting. I do miss Fairy Tail a lot. I mean, ten years away from everyone you love... that's quite unbearable, yeah?"

"I couldn't even last two weeks in that cell. And, you lasted eight years. Damn."