2. Tragic Elements

Hey, what's up? Sorry about the inactiveness. I just don't have enough time these days.

So, for the meantime, I want y'all to read this chapter! I swear, I want to thank myself for writing the first ten chapters over the summer here in the Philippines, but I also don't have enough time to do that.

Anyway, as usual, CVSF! Enjoy reading!

Byeonara downdraft.

To be honest, all the words after Byeonara are words that I get from my science class. Hahaha.

-/-/-

2. Tragic Elements

-/-/-

CHAPEL
November 12, X802 - 10:37

-/-/-

Erza stands up, tears watering in her eyes. She called Jade a liar just a few hours ago, but, really, she wasn't alive, was she? Lucy runs to her and helps her up.

"Lucy... why does everything hurt even if I have armor? Isn't this enough defense?" she asks.

"I don't know either, Erza. Maybe, there's not enough defense in the world."

"Those bastards are going to pay for this, for crashing Gray and Erza's wedding, for killing Jade," Natsu says, swearing. "And, I won't die until I see Gray and Jade here! I fucking swear!"

And Gray would say that I'm literally swearing, only that he's not here, he thinks. When he notices water form in his eyes, he rubs them away. No, a fire dragon slayer doesn't cry. A fire dragon slayer lives. A fire dragon slayer stays alive and slays. Hell to the yes.

"The Elements," Levy says. "They are actually a cult of people who believe in a world that can be created through all kind of magic. They try to master all elements of magic just to do so, and they won't stop until they create this new world. As we all know, they can't."

"They're actually not very popular, but they are extremely mighty. It's no doubt that people would be scared," Freed adds. "But, that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about Laxus."

Levy, Lucy, Natsu, and Erza turn to Laxus, who sits in a corner and contemplates. Learning about the death of a loved one might as well be the worst news ever. He stares out the window. Can Jade actually be alive right now? If so, where is she? Is she in the Elements' headquarters? Is she somewhere else? Or am I out of my head?

"Laxus, are you all right?" Bickslow asks, patting his back. "You've been sitting there and staring out the window for ten minutes now. Are you sure you don't want to leave?"

He doesn't answer. Instead, he continues to contemplate. Erza looks at him. I am not the only one who's suffering. Laxus is, too. I shouldn't be like this.

"Lucy, where's Master?" she asks, rubbing her eyes.

"He's over there, talking to Gajeel."

"Damn those Elements. Those bastards don't really know the meaning of fair play, do they?" he grumbles. "Gajeel, are you feeling blood-thirsty?"

"Yeah, somehow. More like metal-thirsty. I can munch their whole headquarters down, if you want."

"That's a great idea. Get ready."

"That's such a half-baked plan, Master," Erza says, requipping into her Heart Kreuz armor. "Gray saved me before, so it's my turn to save him. I won't let your efforts for this wedding go into waste."

"Don't worry, I was joking."

"Joking? But, after all this, you'll let me eat the metal, right?" Gajeel asks, his stomach grumbling.