the trial

Clary's p.o.v:
I stared in shock of what I just did. Crap! I'm going be in BIG trouble. As Jace looked over at me, I slowly slid to the ground, not wanting to be seen right now. "Clary?! By the angel, you are going to get in so much trouble!" Jace looked very mad at me- probably the most he's ever been, and I couldn't blame him. "Jace, I'm sorry. Its just you know me and my temper and sometimes-" Jeremiah put his hand on his head and made a grumbling noise. Clarissa, come with me. I listened and didn't look back at jace.

All I heard was, actually, I heard nothing. Most of the silent brothers were crowded around a table, silently talking to each other. I just stood there awkwardly meddling with my thumbs. My palms were sweaty and I could tell the brothers were discussing me. Hopefully I wouldn't get punished badly but all I had to do was hope and pray that jace wouldn't get in trouble too.

Clarissa, come follow our new brother- brother joshuiah. I was hesitant to follow but I soon did. My footsteps seemed like thunder compared to the silent brothers. No noise was made from their feet, no shuffling or anything. Complete silence. I wonder where jace is. My mind wondered off until I got to a court room. "What the he-" "SIT DOWN!" Yelled someone I had no idea who it was. But I did what was said, partially because the lady looked like Imogen and she was VERY strict and tough. She took her anger out in everyone because of stephen, her son, who was killed during the circle. It was completely unfair to jace because Imogen was ways being snappy with him, and now I know why. A loud banging made me jump out of my seat as I turned my head. "EXCUSE ME, EXCUSE ME!" The lady raised her voice. I could barely hear myself think over all of this noise. Good thing that lady silenced everyone though. "Hello fellow shadowhunters,silent brothers, and Clave members. I am Jacqueline Fairstairs. The new shdowhunter court member. I may be new, but don't be surprised with me. I do have some tricks up my sleeve." Her cold black eyes shone directly towards me as she finished speaking, "today we have a very interesting case. Clarissa Morgenstern has had some behavioral disturbances it seems like with brother Jeremiah." Everyone glued their eyes to my tiny little self. "Clarissa has supposedly slapped Jeremiah across the face. Today, we will be debating whether or not Clarissa is innocent. Or guilty. If she is guilty, she will be stripped of her runes for her hastly behavior. Let the case begin." Jacqueline took a step back and said one more thing. "Clarissa, start. Now begin." I gulped. If I was found guilty, I would loose myself. No more being a shadowhunter- but a lazy mundane. My chest tightened as I began to speak unsteady, "today as we all know, is the day I may be found innocent or guilty. I believe I'm innocent because of love. This lovely silent brother was forcing me to be separated from my true love. Why are silent brothers getting in the way of our love life? Just because they want to become some lifeless person, doesn't mean we have to. And I rather be stripped of my runes then not be with the ones I love the most. Of course we die young because of fighting- but that doesn't mean we can't have a normal life. I believe shadowhunters can be in love and fight. Isn't it true?  Don't you always right harder and stronger when you are fighting with people you love? After all, love makes us stronger. It can only weaken you if you aren't really loved." My throat was dry as I was fishing for air. I sat down and caught my breath as Jacqueline came out of the unknown and began to bicker with me.  "Shadowhunters are not meant to fall in love. In the end, love fails us and doesn't help. We are meant to be warriors, not these buttered-up fluff ball people who only live to fight for love. We fight with braveness, and courage-something I haven't seen in you." I quickly shot back, snappier than before. "Just because you didn't have a love life or a true love doesn't mean you have to make us feel your pain." My eyes searched for jace, but I only saw Clave members. "Your life doesn't get controlled over my life. You didn't fall in love- not my problem, but I did and just because you didn't doesnt mean you can-" Jacqueline's face boiled up as she yelled, "YOU DO NOT GET TO TELL ME WHAT I DIDN'T DO, OK CLARISSA? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM, SO DON'T EVEN GO TO MY LIFE WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU. CASE DISMISSED." She took my arm and pulled my to the side. "Don't you EVER talk about my life that you don't even know about. Understand?" She released me, my arm now in even more pain, and went on the platform infront of everyone. The room silented once again and she spoke. "Clarissa Morgenstern is guilty." Everyone gasped and sounded surprised. I just stood there waiting for the worst part. "Settle down everyone, settle down. We also have to inform you about Clarissa. She is to be stripped of her runes between today and the next couple of days." My eyes swelled up with tears. All I could hear over and over again in my head was, have her be stripped of her runes. Have her be stripped of her runes. I grabbed myself as I fell to the ground. It felt like everything was gone. Jace, shadowhunting, my heart, and soon my runes would be gone too. My heart and soul are now teared out if me, floating around the room for someone else. There is nothing I can do but sit on the floor in pain, wishing jace would help me soon. I at least wanted to say goodbye to jace. But what would I say? Without jace, I couldn't live so I don't know how either of us will manage. Just as I was about to rehearse my goodbye, familiar arms scooped me up. I lifted up my tear splattered face into jaces beautiful face. "Jace." I cried into his shoulder. "What will I do without you?" He kissed me, promising me that this case isn't over. "Clary, I'll get you out of this, don't worry." I wanted to believe him, but I just couldn't. "Jace, you know I love you and I can't bear without you. But please be safe when I'm not here." Jaces eyes were filled with tears too and soon we were both drowning in our own puddle of tears. "Clary, I won't loose you. I won't." He sniffled.

Well, maybe he can just get me out of this. After all, he is a herondale.