1.8

Let me just specify that I have nothing against Jack. He's actually my favorite member of SWS. I just had to choose someone to be a dick, and Jack was the first person I thought of. Don't murder me, please.

Lynne had I were walking around the venue, enjoying the sunlight and the music. Austin wanted to go with us, but I told him it wasn't a good idea. I didn't want him to be mauled by any rabid fans of his. As we were walking around, only a couple of people recognised me. I was happy to be noticed, but I wanted to spend time with Lynne. We ended up checking out the Sum 41 set, and we were having a good time. Lynne and I were dancing and singing along to the music when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see Adam Elmakias, the photographer for Sleeping With Sirens, standing there. I smiled at him and shouted over the music, "Hey! It's so good to see you!"

He pulled me into a hug and turned to Lynne, shouting over the music, "My name's Adam. And you are . . . ?"

Lynne stuck out her hand and shouted, "I'm Lynne."

Lynne put her arm around my waist as Adam and I were chatting, and he gave me a mischievous smile.

He asked, "Can I get a picture of you two? Somewhere with a calmer background?"

I looked at Lynne, and she gave me a nod. We walked away from the Sum 41 show and faced with our backs towards grass covered hills. We posed casually with our arms around each other's waists as Adam snapped a couple of photos.

I was about to ask to see them before Adam spoke with a smile, "How's about we try a kiss? After all, it's pretty obvious the you guys are a couple."

I blushed and nodded before turned to Lynne. She out her hands on my waist and pressed her lips into mine with a smile, my hands on her shoulders. After a few seconds, I pulled away and pecked her lips one more time before I turned to Adam. He held the camera towards us and I blushed even harder at the sight of the two of us together.

Adam pulled the camera away and smiled before saying, "Would you guys mind if I published this? I can send it to you too, if you want

Adam pulled the camera away and smiled before saying, "Would you guys mind if I published this? I can send it to you too, if you want."

I looked at Lynne again, making sure it was okay with her as well.

She turned to Adam, "That would be great."

Adam turned his head like he heard something, and then he spoke, "I've gotta go. The your brother's set is starting. Do you guys wanna go with me?"

I nodded and took Lynne's hand in mine, lacing our fingers together. Lynne and I followed Adam to the stage, and we went up behind the guys while Adam went in from of the guard rail to take pictures. As Lynne and I were nodding our heads to the beat of the music, I remembered that Jack was still finishing out the week with the guys before he left the band. I saw him jumping around and stage and playing, and it made me nervous. I hadn't talked to him since the party, and we had both been avoiding each other since. But, I decided to be an adult and talk to him after their set was finished. Lynne said it wasn't the best idea, but I needed to make peace with him. After all, he was one of my best friends. And if we come to an agreement, he might be able to stay.

- ~ -

The set was finished, and my hand was shaking in Lynne's. I felt her squeeze my hand out of reassurance, and I turned to her with a small smile. When The guys walked past us, I stopped Jack by grabbed onto his shoulder with a shaky hand.

He turned with a calm and sweaty face, "What?"

I swallowed before answering, "I was hoping we could talk about what happened. We can't just act like it didn't happen." He looked at his feet before giving me a nod. I continued, "When you get cleaned up, meet me in the back of the bus." He gave me another nod before he seemed to be going straight to the showers. Lynne and I said our goodbyes to Adam and walked back to the SWS bus. We arrived before Jack, and I decided to have Lynne wait up front. I wanted to have a one-on-one conversation with him. Then the door opened.

I interlocked my fingers together as he closed the for behind him. He gave me a soft smile as he at down next to me, and I returned it. We sat there for a while, both of us impossibly awkward around each other.

He spoke first, "I'm so sorry for what happened. I was drunk, and I wasn't -"

I cut him off, "Don't blame it on yourself, Jack. I'm the one that dragged you back to our bus."

As I was trying to reassure him, he insisted, "No, you said stop and I didn't. That was on me. I just want to make it up to you."

I sighed, taking his hands in mine as a friendly gesture. I sat forward and said in a soft voice, "I just want to put this behind us. You don't need to try to make anything up to me, Jack. I just need your trust." He nodded and I pulled him into a hug.

He pulled away and said, "Well, I've gotta go. I have a date tonight."

I raised an eyebrow, "Who's the lucky girl?"

He turned around and shuddered out, "J . . . Justice. Her name is Justice."

I smiled as he walked out. I was glad he was getting over his ex-girlfriend. I stood up and walked out into the entry way where Lynne was sitting. She stood up, having seen Jack walk out, and had a hopeful smile on her face. I nodded and whispered, "We're good." With a smile she took my hand and sat down on the couch next to Justin. I crawled next to her and rested my head on her shoulder, watching the random film that was on the television. Justin was enjoying the gory action with us when he checked his ce phone and stood up. I asked, "Justin, where're you going?"

As he was putting on his jacket, he said, "I have a date. Her name is Jacky. I'll see you guys later."

I said goodbye as he practically ran out of the door. I shook of his suspicious behavior and continued to focus on the film, crinkling my nose at the amount of blood that was currently on the screen.