0.2

My face felt numb as I woke. There was someone sleeping in my bed with me. I turned my head to the right to see Samson lying there with a black and swollen eye. It seemed to be bright outside. Must've slept in. Swinging my legs to the side, I connected with something on the floor. I looked down to see Justin passed out. Gently, I lifted my feet off of him and stepped past him and onto the floor, not wanting to wake anyone up. As I walked out into the living area, there was bright light coming in from the windows, signaling the day had began a long time ago. I wandered over to the fridge and pulled out a singular bottle of water and an apple before sitting down on the large sofa. I cracked open the small plastic container and took a large swig, trying to sooth my dry throat. As I pulled my knees up to my chest, I felt the bus move lightly as someone rose out of bed. I stayed still as Jack walked across my line of sight.

He didn't notice me at first, but when he sat down on the couch he spoke, "Morning. Didn't see you there," as he rubbed his eyes.

I smiled and replied, "Good morning." I glanced at the schedule paper for the day and continued, "You might want to wake the guys up. You're the first set of the day, and," I checked the clock above his head, "it's eight thirty." He nodded and stood, walking into the bunk area. After a few minutes, everyone came streaming out of the back either half dressed or in their pyjamas. A sober Samson sat down next to me and I rested my head on his shoulder. Samson was one of the nicest guys I had ever met when he was sober. Things only go bad when he starts drinking. His arm looped around my back and gently rested on my hip as he yawned. I looked up at him and asked, "Do you need an icepack? Your eye looks swollen." He nodded, so I stood up and retrieved a cold freezer pack from the fridge. He thanked me and placed it over his eye as I sat down next to him. Today is starting out nice enough.

------

As I stepped out of the black tour bus, Justin, Kellin, Gabe, Jack, and Nick all filed out after me. Lynne wasn't far behind us as we all walked out to the unicorn stage of Florida's 2015 Warped Tour. It was hot as hell outside - around 95 degrees - as the finishing touches to the stages were being completed, and the last few tents were being put together. We were all slightly upset that we missed catering, but their complaining had finally stopped as they all started their rehearsal. I was hanging out in a lawn chair when Lynne sat down next to me. Giving her a light smile, I asked her sunglass covered face, "Are you ever going to learn?"

She nodded and responded while massaging her temples, "I've never drinking again."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. Everyone knows this isn't true. She would be back at it tomorrow, drinking  until she couldn't see or walk straight. After a few minutes of me sitting there "resting my eyes," there was a tap on my shoulder. I glanced up to see a slightly familiar face, taking me by surprise. It was the same pierced lip, ear stretched guy. Except he looked a lot more put together than the night before. His hair was pushed back and up perfectly and the scruff of a beard was along his jaw and above his lips. He had a certain ora about him that just radiated happiness and excitement - aka the exact opposite of me.

I smiled up at him as he spoke, "Sorry about last night. I didn't want to get involved, but everything happened so fast. It was just horrible to see-"

I cut him off, "It's alright. Samson doesn't even seem that upset about everything. If he was, he would be out here looking for you." He passed me a smile as he sat down in the now empty seat next to me. Where did Lynne go?

He asked, "So, what's your name?"

"Karla. And you are . . . ?"

His hand stuck out as he said, "Cody."

I took it, "It's nice to officially meet you, Cody." I took my cardigan off, it being way to hot for it, and as I turned he seemed to be expecting an answer. "I'm sorry, what did you say? I have to be looking at people when they talk to me."

He seemed slightly worried as he asked, "Are you alright?" I nodded, confused as he asked again, "No. I mean, are you really alright?"

I clenched my jaw and retorted, "What happened last night was none of your business. And yes, I am fine. Thank you for asking." He swallowed, now visibly uncomfortable. I let out a small sigh and continued, "I'm sorry. That was rude. I . . . I'm just a private person. I like to have my own space." He nodded, understanding. Something caught his attention, because he turned his head backwards quite quickly.

He looked back at me and spoke, "I have to go," he stood, "It was nice meeting you."

Turning, he jogged away towards what looked to be the shark stage. After a few seconds, Lynne ran up to me and motioned for me to come up to the stage. The Sleeping With Sirens set was starting in a couple of minutes, and the fans were already streaming in like a black wearing, pierced, and tattooed tsunami.