1.4

I ended up pulling into the nearest police station. I ran in and went straight to the front desk to explain my story. They seemed shocked, but then they had an ambulance come to take me to the hospital. I had completely forgotten about the large, bleeding cut on my leg until an officer told me to sit down since it was seeping through part of my skirt. He grabbed a handkerchief out of his back pocket and kneeled down in front of me to put pressure on the wound. I let out a sound and grabbed his wrist, but he continued to press down on my thigh. I leaned my head back against a wall, and after a few minutes I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see the officer offering me a hand up, so I took it. He showed me out of the front of the building and I was then put on a stretcher, and rolled into the back of an ambulance. During the ride to the hospital, they kept pressure on my thigh just like the officer had. It hurt, but it was stopping the blood.

When we finally arrived at the hospital, I was pulled out of the ambulance. As I was being wheeled through the emergency entrance, I saw a blond haired, familiar face. Cody had run up to me with fear in his eyes, but it soon faded when he saw me laying on the white sheets of the stretcher. He walked with my hand in his as I was taken back to an empty room. I was them hoisted onto a larger, more comfortable bed as a nurse in pink scrubs kept her hand on my thigh. Everyone besides the nurse in pink left, and then a doctor came in. He was wheeling a cart with him with instruments and cleansers of some sort. He stepped into the place of the nurse and I noticed that he was talking as he prepared something out if my view. I spoke up so he would no longer be talking to himself, "Sir, I can't hear. You're going to have to look as me when you speak."

He seemed embarrassed as his cheeks flared pink, "Oh, sorry miss. I didn't know."

He began to explain everything that he was doing as he was doing it, and also telling me how he was going to have to numb the area. He was going to have to stitch the wound. I shivered at the though, and Cody seemed to notice. I felt him squeeze me hand, and I turned to him to see a reassuring smile. My hand tightened it's grip as I saw the doctor approach me out of the corner of my eye with gloves on and a needle in his hand.

 My hand tightened it's grip as I saw the doctor approach me out of the corner of my eye with gloves on and a needle in his hand

I'll spare you the gory details, but all I will say is that it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

After he was done, the pain subsided enough for me to realize that he had just stitched one if my tattoos back together. In fact, it was one I had recently gotten done by my friend Eto. It had just finished healing, and it was now looking brutal and sore. From what I could see, the young doctor had done his best to reattached the correct edges to each other. A bandage was then placed over it, and then Cody and I were left alone. I was told that I was going to have an MRI just to make sure I didn't have any other I injuries, and that we're going to have to wait a long time before we were aloud to leave.

After a few minutes of the two of us sitting there staring at our feet, Dan poked his head into the room. I hardly noticed as I felt a wave of sickness and anger run over me, and the next thing I knew Cody's arms were firmly around me and the door was closed yet again. I let out in a choked sob, "I thought I would never see you again." He sat there petting my hair and rubbing my back as I kept blurting out, "He said he was going to kill me, Cody." I felt his lips pressed onto my temple, and I began to feel myself calm down. I was trying to match my breathing with his, and after a few minutes, I finally managed to calm down. I pulled away from Cody and he wiped some of my tears away with his shirt sleeve, and gently pecked my lips. He gave me a small smile, and I returned it as I pressed my forehead against his, fearful for him being there for me.

Suddenly, Cody turned his head towards the door. I followed suit, and I was surprised to see the officer that helped stop my leg from bleeding. I smiled and asked, "Did you catch him?" When he nodded, I started crying again. But this time, it was from the weight that had been lifted off of my shoulder. I wiped away my tears, "Thank you, officer."

He smiled and nodded before speaking, "I'm just doing my job."

The door closed again, and I leaned into Cody's chest. He was smiling as well, and I could feel his chest loosen with relief. The two of us were in complete bliss.

The door opened for what felt like the twentieth time that night, and couple of familiar faces peaked around the corner. I smiled at Dan, Zach, Austin, and Maxx as they entered the room. Each of them took turned giving me a tight hug, and I returned them with gratitude. After exchanging a few words with each of them, Cody ushered them out of the room. What he said next took me by surprise.