21

The next morning, Aaliyah wakes up to her alarm going off. She wanted to be up before everyone, especially before Riley and Colin. Reaching over, she grabs her phone to silence the alarm. Before she can get out of bed, Colin grabs her and pulls her close.

"How long have you been up?"

"Ever since your alarm went off."

"Happy birthday baby."

"Thank you." He says before kissing her neck.

"Trynna get an early start on birthday presents this morning I see."

"Mmmhhm."

"We gone have to put that on hold for right now. You have errands to run this morning."

"What kinda person runs errands on their birthday."

"A person that has a 16 year daughter that's getting a car the same day. Now get up and brush your stankin breath."

"Yours ain't too great either." He says getting out of bed. He quickly gets ready and goes downstairs to wake up Odell. He knocks on their door and Odell answers.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

They leave to go get Riley's car, while Aaliyah and Kash make breakfast while the kids are still sleeping.

"So what car did y'all decided on?" Kash asks cutting up some potatoes.

"Here, let me show you." Aaliyah says pulling out her phone to show her a picture of the white Dodge Nitro they know she'd love.

" Aaliyah says pulling out her phone to show her a picture of the white Dodge Nitro they know she'd love

"She's going to love that."

"I think she will too. She wanted a Range Rover and Colin immediately said no, and I felt the same way."

"Yeah, she don't need anything too fancy...not at 16."

"That was both my and Colin's thought process. But we got something where she can ride around with her friends and all that. We did put a GPS tracker on it though....you think that's too much?"

"Not at all. It's probably the best idea, especially considering y'all are still in somewhat foreign territory, and anything can happen."

"Now you're scaring me."

"I'm not trying to...but the tracker is definitely the way to go."

They spend more time talking while cooking and when is almost ready, Aaliyah goes upstairs to wake up the kids.

The boys are all in Nate's room, and sprawled out in every direction in his bed. Aaliyah sneaks a quick picture before waking them up.

"Aalijah, Omari, Bubba....come on, get up." Only person that budges is Aalijah, as his hand ends up on Nate's face. Aaliyah gives it one more try and she gets a little more interaction. She finally gets them to all wake up and they march to the bathroom to brush their teeth.