14

It's the first preseason game, and it's the very first game Colin will play in a Texan uniform

It's the first preseason game, and it's the very first game Colin will play in a Texan uniform. To many fans, preseason really isn't important. It's just seen as a few games that coaches use to evaluate the players they have and who they believe are ready to be starters or formidable back ups.

For Colin, this wasn't just a preseason game. This was a game where he had to show the Texan fans that he was ready to lead them to the promise land. He was deemed the starter, but he wouldn't be out on the field for long, but while he was out there, he was gonna do what he did best.

Just going through his pregame warms, he felt like a different person. He felt happier, and has been feeling that way since touching down in Houston to take the role as the Texans quarterback. He knew he was in the ending years of his career, and was on a 4 year contract and out of those 4 years, he wanted at least two more rings.

Aaliyah also noticed the change in her husbands demeanor. Naturally Colin was an introvert, but he's been more vocal. He's been able to get this team to rally behind him, and it showed through practices and now it's time to translate it on the field.

Aaliyah and the kids get to NRG stadium and take their seats in their assigned suite. Riley hated that she had to wear a Texan jersey. She wasn't all that aware of the trials Colin went through with the niners, so she had no animosity towards them as Aaliyah and Colin did. And even though her dad played for a different team, she was a Niner at heart, and she made it be known. Posting a picture of her wearing a #7 Texans jersey.

"Wearing this jersey feels so weird. I'm always gonna support you big bear, but I'm always gonna be a Niner fan at heart. #NinerFaithful #RedAndGold #ButGoDad #7sDoItBetter"

She received a lot of love from the faithful on her post.

The game started and Colin was only out there for 2 offensive possessions, but in those two possessions he threw for 137 yards and ended both drives with touchdowns.

"Let's goooo!!" Nate yells after Colin throws the second touchdown.

"Touchdoooownn!" Aalijah says with his arms in the air.

"Daddy is killin it!!!" Riley says.

"He sure is."

"If he plays like this every game, ain't nobody gonna beat them!" Riley says.

She gets a text from Isaiah, who she's kept in touch with since that day at the mall.

Isaiah🙄: Your dad is too lit🔥
We might actually have a chance to win a Super Bowl  this year🤘🏼😫

Ms. California👙🌴🌊: He's gonna take y'all there. Mark my words.

Isaiah🙄: Imma take your word for it🙌🏽🙌🏽

After the game, they wait for Colin in the family waiting area.

"There's daddy." Riley says as she sees Colin walking up to them. The boys are the first to run up to him and jump in his arms.

"Proud of you papa." Nate says.

"Thank you, son." He walks over to Aaliyah and Riley, carrying both of the boys.

"Good game dad."

"Thanks bear."

"Yeah, dad. Good game." Aaliyah repeats.

"Thank you mama." He says before giving her a kiss. "I gotta go do a press conference."

"Okay. I need to get them home anyway to get ready for the first day of school tomorrow."

"Can we go with papa?" Nate asks.

"Not this time bubba. Next home game."

"Okay."

"I'll be home before y'all go to bed, okay?" He says looking at his two boys. They nod, and he puts them back on the ground. "I'll see y'all back at the house."

"Okay." He and Aaliyah exchange a quick kiss and she and the kids leave. When they get home, the boys quickly get ready for bed and wait up for Colin to get home. While they wait, they play video games and Riley comes to join them. Her phone goes off and it's Isaiah.

Isaiah🙄: Ms. California.

Ms. California👙🌴🌊: Yes MrFinesser5?

She replies by using his Twitter and Instagram handle which she thinks is wack, but she doesn't want to hurt his feelings.

Isaiah🙄: So I get to see you tomorrow!

Ms. California👙🌴🌊: you do indeed. I know it'll make your day💁🏽

Isaiah🙄: It will actually😊

She begins to reply but is interrupted by her dad walking through the door and joins them in playing video games.

"Um excuse me...what are y'all doing?" Aaliyah says standing in the doorway. "You're suppose to be saying goodnight to them, not keeping them up longer."

"See, what had happened was they asked me to play...and I may or may not have said yes."

"So, you said yes..."

"Maybe."

"Alright you two, time for bed." Aaliyah says turning of the television. The boys say goodnight to each other before going to their rooms, and Riley says goodnight to both of them before retreating to hers.

Aaliyah and Colin put the boys to sleep then stop by Riley's room.

"I don't want you up too late. You have to be up same time as your brothers." Aaliyah says.

"This school sucks already. We started school at 9...they start at 8:15."

"Yeah, but you get out at 3:30 instead of 4:15."

"I'd rather have my 45 minutes in the morning back...but I guess I'll adjust."

"Good girl." Colin says before giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Goodnight babygirl."

"Night. Love you."

"Love you too." Aaliyah says.