23

The next morning, Aaliyah and Colin are up doing their usual routines and don't say much to each other. Aaliyah gets the kids up, get the boys ready and makes breakfast for everyone.. The boys walk in and take a seat at the island, Riley joining them a couple minutes later.

"Sister said she's gonna take us to school." Nate says.

"Oh really?" She says putting plates in front of them.

"Yeah...bubba asked if I could take them...is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine. You just be really careful, and watch out for all the kids. It seems like they come from each direction."

"I know and I will."

"Where's papa?" Aalijah asks.

"He should be down soon." A few minutes later Colin walks in, and gives each of the kids a kiss on the forehead.

Aaliyah hands him a plate. "Preciate it." He says quickly then sits down with the kids. "Ready for the game tonight, Ry?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"She's gonna put up like thirty tonight!" Nate says with confidence.

"We'll see." Riley says quietly. She's put up a few thirty point games so far. Games where she's gone off from the three point line and her other shots just seem to go in the basket.

"Just go out there and play hard." Colin says.

"Don't I always?"

"You have your nights."

"What? No I don't!" She says defensively.

"Okayyyy Riley, sure you don't. But it's okay because we all have off nights. It's apart of being human."

"Steph Curry doesn't have off nights." Nate says.

"That's because my boy Steph ain't human." Riley says confidently.

"Speaking of...even though the first match up isn't till January, but I'm gonna get some floor seats to the Spurs and Warriors match up in San Antonio." Colin says.

"YES! We get to watch golden state whoop the Spurs." Nate says.

"Yeah right...my boys gone do damage!" Riley says.

"WARRRIOOORRRSSS! WARRRIOOORRRSSS!" The boys both chant.

"Keep it up and I'm gonna leave y'all on the corner somewhere."

"Alright, alright. Enough. Hurry and eat so y'all can get to school."

They finish eating and after giving hugs and kisses to their parents, they're off to school.

"So you gonna give me the silent treatment all day?" Aaliyah asks as Colin continues to quietly move about the kitchen.

"What do you want me to say?"

"I don't know. Good morning would be nice."

"Good morning, Aaliyah. Anything else?"

"Nope. Go on about your business."

"Okay, now you want me to go about my business. Make up your mind."