Chapter 17. Cabins, Shrinks, and Japanese.

LOOK WHAT I DID TODAY!

"A week," I asked, uncertainly. I stared down at the photos Megan had brought with her. The cabin her parents had bought was beyond beautiful. The cabin was more like a wooden mansion with three stories, five bedrooms, six bathrooms, and a kitchen the size of my house. It was located somewhere outside of Trenton.

"Yes, a whole week of nothing but the lake and boys!" Megan sang excitedly. I put the pictures down and looked up at her.

"Ok, so no boys, but what about swimming and tanning and rock climbing and hiking and--"

"Megan, I get it," I laughed. I took my hair brush from Jack as he was trying to figure out if he could eat it or not.

"Then you'll go?" She asked, hopefully.

"I can't leave Jack for that long," I decided that that would be the best excuse. In all honesty it was the fact that I was to afraid to stay in a cabin, even if it was nothing like the last one. They held too many horribly sad memories for me.

"Take him! Mom and Dad said that they don't care. Besides they love Jack." Megan said, picking up Jack, who looked agitated being away from his toys.

"I don't know if my parents will let me go," I said, which probably was true. Today was the first day of me seeing Dr. Edwards. If I played my cards right today I'd never have to see her again, if I didn't it was weekly appointments and the title of the crazy girl for the rest of my life.

"Ask them," Megan demanded. I took Jack away from her and sighed. I couldn't get out of this. I did want to go.

"When I get back from Dr. Edwards," I told her. She smiled in triumph and handed me my bag and keys.

"Get going then! I'll watch Jack," she ordered, nearly shoving me out the door. I rolled my eyes at her determination and pulled my hood up against the rain. This whole week had done nothing for my mood. It'd rained all day every day.

<><><><><>

"Hello dear, what's your name?" The receptionist asked as I entered Dr. Edwards' office. I stared at the white walls and white chairs and white everything. I hated it immediately.

"Honey?" The woman asked. I shook my head and looked at her. Her hair was died a shade of blonde that could easily pass for yellow. Her eyes were dark blue and obviously not natural. Her features were distorted with plastic surgery and her face was covered in make up. I was picturing a kind old lady with a smile that crinkled her eyes, not barbie.

"Isabella James," I answered. She looked down at the appointment book in front of her and put a check next to my name.

"Dr. Edwards is seeing another patient at the moment, I'll call you when it's over," she said. I nodded and sat down. There was no one else in the office except for me and Barbie. The magazines around the officer were covered in titles such as, "How many cats is to many?" or, "Am I the only one who hears the voices?"

The pamphlets on the coffee table in front of me were even worse.

"My parent's are gay, am I?"

"Am I addicted to sex?"

"Feeling alone in a crowded room,"

I shook my head and ignored the reading material. A door behind Barbie opened and a scary skinny girl walked out, crying and sniffing. Barbie gave her a plastic smile and looked at me.

"You can go in now dear,"

I stood up and walked into the room. The walls in here were panelled in dark wood and covered by bookcases. Two huge leather chairs were in the middle of the room across from each other. One was occupied by a man who was possibly twenty five or thirty. He had dark brown hair and dark green eyes like evergreen trees. He smiled and stood up, extending a hand.