Chapter 12. You're Gonna Get It.

**So before you read this you have to go and read chapter 20. If you don't you won't understand the chapter... It has to do with the new ending. So if you haven't read Chapter 20 Our Last Goodbye in Kidnapped: Book 1 I suggest you go do that... You're votes would be appreciated there too ;) ANYWAY I hope you enjoy this chapter! Vote and comment please :) I got tired of waiting for people to vote...

"To your room!" Megan ordered, slamming the door into the wall as she stormed into my house. Jack burst into tears and I scowled at her.

"Can't you be a little more quiet?" I asked.

"No, now march!" She shouted, marching up my stairs, her dress for the ball tonight thrown of her shoulder. I sighed and calmed Jack as I climbed the stairs.

"Are you pumped? I'm pumped," Megan announced.

"Why don't you get ready at your house with your family?" I asked.

"Because you're cooler," Megan said. I heard Emma and Andrew rush into the house downstairs and my mom ordering them to get ready.

"Well thanks," I said. Megan began to hum and dig through my closet looking for my ball dress.

"You know what I was thinking?" Megan asked, as she pulled the dress out.

"What were you thinking?" I asked.

"You're such a good influence," She said. I couldn't help but laugh.

"No seriously," She said, her face dropping into this serious expression. "You're usually good to your siblings, you listen to your parents, and you behaved with Jace," She said.

"Uh huh," I muttered, trying to hide the guiltly look on my face.

"What'd you do?" Megan asked suspiciously, her eyes narrowing.

"Nothing," I shrugged, lying Jack on my bed and grabbing the clothes my mother had bought for him for the ball.

"Oh my God, what did you do?" Megan shrieked, breaking out into a huge grin. I changed Jack and began to dress him in his new clothes.

"Izzy Rose James you answer me!" Megan screeched. I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

"Izzy!" She snapped.

"IsleptwithJace," I muttered. Megan face turned into a blank slate. She picked up Jack and took him to his crib. She approached me calmly then in one swift motion she grabbed my shoulders and yanked me up, shaking me.

"YOU HAD SEX WITH JACE?" She screamed. I slammed my hand over her mouth and listened to see if anyone heard. Emma and Andrew were screaming at each other and I doubt my parents could hear us over them.

"Shut up," I hissed at her. Megan nodded and I slowly slipped my hand from her mouth.

"When?" She whispered, her voice cracking as she tried to hold in the shriek.

"The night before he left," I told her.

"Did you know he was leaving?" Megan asked.

"Yes I knew," I answered.

"That's-- that's romance novel stuff Iz. Like seriously can't you imagine some Harlequin writer sitting there writing a steamy last goodbye scene between her heroes. Both knowing they can't have each other, but dying for that last touch," Megan said, wistfully. She got this dreamy look on her face.

"Harlequin books are disturbing Megan, but I see your point." I said.

"How was it?" Megan asked, her eyebrows nearly rising above her head.