Chapter 16. Make Up.

**Hey! Sorry it took me SO LONG to update! But I have finally come up with a chapter :) I hope you like it!!!! Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Dad and I hadn't talked in three days. He treated me like a leper. In three days he'd done everything he could to avoid me. In the mornings he was gone before I was up and at dinner he always had an excuse to eat somewhere else. Mom still hadn't gotten to the bottom of the situation and Andrew and Emma were keeping quite about it. I had gotten no sleep in these three days. All night long I tossed and turned, trying to think of ways to make him forgive me.

Tonight I wasn't sleeping for a whole new reason. Jack had been screaming all day long and wouldn't stop no matter what I did. I walked him back and forth across the room, clutching him to my chest, and begging him to stop crying.

"Please Jack," I begged, bouncing him as I paced. If possible the volume of his crys increased. Emma pounded on my bedroom wall.

"I'm trying!" I screamed. I collapsed onto the ground at the foot of my bed and started to sob. I couldn't take three days of no sleep and now I was at my wits end of what to do. For the first time in awhile I wanted to throw myself off of Trenton Bridge again.

A knock on the door brought more tears and I choked on my response of "Come in,"

"Isabella," Dad whispered. I slowly raised my face, shocked to hear his voice. "Let me try," he said. He extended his arms and I graciously handed Jack to him. Dad bounced him a few times and still Jack cried.

"Is he hungry?" He asked. I shook my head and pointed to the bottle I'd tried to feed him over a hundred  times.

"Maybe he has a diaper rash or something," Dad suggested. I shook my head, not even having the energy to tell him I'd done everything I could to make him stop cry.

"I have an idea," Dad said. He repositioned Jack so he had a free hand. He often used his hands to explain things or tell stories.

"When you were a baby you would have random crying days were all you did was cry. You kept us up for hours and hours on end. Then you're mother figured it out." He explained. Dad pointed to my bed and I climbed up, not really sure what he wanted me to do.

"Lie down," he said. I nodded and laid down. Dad brought Jack over and set him down on my chest, matching his heart with mine. Jack's face scrunched up and he gripped the edge of my shirt. To my relief he stopped cry and gave me his toothless smile.

"How'd you do that," I breathed, allowing Jack to grip my fingers.

"You'd only sleep if you felt your mother's heartbeat," The words sounded dreamy from his voice.

I looked up at him and smiled. His blue eyes, my blue eyes, were stilled filled with a sorry I wanted nothing more than to see go away. I patted the bed beside me and Dad sat down carefully. Dad and I used to lay in my bed while I spilled my guts to him about everything in my life, but we hadn't done that since I started dating Jace.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. Dad shook his head, sadly. Jack had falled asleep on my chest and I carefully climbed up and put him into the crib. I went back to the bed and sat beside my dad. I waited for him to speak, but when he didn't I tried to think of something else to say.

"Please talk to me," I begged, reaching toward him.

"I shouldn't have been so hard on you," he said slowly. I wanted to collapse in his arms and cry my heart out like we used to do, but I held back.

"I deserved it," I sighed.

"No, you didn't. I was to concerned about you staying my baby girl that I didn't even realize that you're growing up." Dad grabbed my hand in his. I remembered when I was little and my hand was dwarfed by his. His hand was still larger than mine and I felt safe in his tight grip.