Chapter 24

VOTE
COMMENT
Picture of Aaron ^

Aaron's P.O.V

"Sir you've been invited for a business dinner hosted by Mr.Valencia." My secretary tells me fidgeting her legs back and forth around nervously.

I glance up from the paper I was filling out and give her my usual cold stare. She notices and starts to play with her fingers as a nervous habbit. I remember Zinnia used too do tha- What the hell. Don't think of her. Stupid brain.

"Who'd you say the invitation was from?" I ask in a uninterested tone, looking back at the file in front of me.

"Um, Mr.Valencia fiancé called to invite you to a business dinner that there hosting." She tells me avoiding eye contact.

I furrow my eyebrows together and rub the side of my jaw. "Mr.Valencia you say? You don't happen to mean Andrew Valencia do you?" I ask her slightly amused and confused.

She nods her head slowly "yes that's him. Would you like me to RSVP, Sir?"

I guess Andrews 'fiancé' doesn't know her husband hates me for breaking his little sisters heart. Well he might try to kill me for coming but I have to visit my mother today anyways so why not? It's not like Zinnia will be there anyways. That's would only be a dream.

I clear my throat and nod "yes I will attend. What time is it being hosted?"

She reaches for her pocket and takes a small piece of white paper. "It's at six pm tonight sir."

I nod and check my watch, 5:30 Okay I still have time. Plus I'm already in a suit so I don't have to go home and change. "Alright I'm heading out" I tell her and walk past her not giving her a chance to respond. I walk through the big office building and see everyone working on different things.

I walk to the elevator and it takes me to the first floor and I walk out to the parking lot and I get inside my black mustang.

**********

I pull up to my moms parking lot and get out of my car. I glance at my watch 6:07. Looks like I'll visit my mom after the party. I cross over to Andrews driveway. I used to spend so much time here. The first time I saw Zinnia, she was in this driveway and I was checking her out threw my bedroom window with Luke. Ah good times...

I'm at the door and I just stand there like an idiot. I haven't been in this house in years. Should I really be attending this dinner... Whatever it's only for business. It's not like i don't see Andrew time to time. I have to deal with him sometimes at parties.

I knock on the door but no one answers then I see a sign on the door that says come in. I shake my head at myself and open the door slowly.

I walk inside and see everyone mingling I don't even see Andrew. I look around to see if I recognize anyone. Everyone looks familiar but I don't actually want to talk with them there all just business associates. Then in the corner of my eye I spot one of my good friends Xavier.

I walk over to him and see him sipping on a glass of wine. He sees me and his eyes widen in surprise "Aaron hey man. I didn't think I would see you here considering well you know, the host isn't too fond of you." He says trying to put his words as nice as possible and I chuckle.

"Yea. Well it's only business's. I thought why can't we be civil." I tell him with a small smirk and he laughs in return.

We talked for a little longer until one of the cooks announced that dinner is done.

We walked to one of the dining tables and took a seat. The maids served us, the meal looked good, not anything amazingly special though. But at the same time I am pretty hard to please. The meal consisted a steak, bake potato and a side of cooked and seasoned carrots.