The Bunny and the Big Whole?

Okay guys, I'm re-editing Wonderland cus ya have to admit it got boring... so yeah, I'm changing a few things and stuff. When I'm done re-editing a chapter I'll remove the need to edit don't read thingy i put on them... yeah, i hope you enjoy the new book!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart, what is this? Why am I in such pain? Why am I here? Why does it feel so hot yet I'm cold?

 I woke up with a gasp. My eyes wide open now, suddenly I remember where I was, in the hospital bed. "Miss Branto, how are you feeling?" Asked a nurse, Miss Dinettes. She was a dark skinned, blue eyed, black haired woman in her middle age; she was really kind and very nice.

"Me? I'm good, I feel a bit better." I look around to see the familiar view of the green meadow that the window showed, I also saw the light purple colored walls that kept me in this room. The medical equipment that has put me to misery for more times than I can count, and I also smelled that awful smell that stenched the entire hospital.

"You feinted again, are you sure you feel good?" She repeated sadly, but with a smile to cheer me up. I smile at her regardless of the fact that I don't feel happy at all.

"May I go downtown, to see if I can talk to my friends?" I pleaded, not that I actually had any friends left. I simply love the view of the green gardens near downtown where all of the big attractions of the city are located at.

 "No, you must recover if you want to feel better..." She was interrupted by the doctor that just came in. He was a dark brown haired man with green eyes and a cute Italian face.

"Okay you may go, but Alice I warn you to be careful." He warned in a severe tone. "If you feel anything bad come back immediately." 

"OK, thank you, I will. Bye!" I said quickly and happy to finally be able to walk away from the hospital grounds, I hopped out of bed smiling and went into the bathroom to change into a blue skirt, white tee, black vest, high black and white striped socks, and black combat boots.

"Bye" I heard them say as I left the room. It wasn't long before I was running into the town and trying to find my way downtown. You'd think all you'd have to do is go down as the name suggests, but sadly you have to make lots of twists and turns before being able to even reach the beginning of downtown.

Ok now for an introduction worth reading: hi my name is Alice Brato, my mom works in a police station and my dad works as a doctor in a different hospital from the one I'm currently living at, I have no siblings so I'm usually alone in the hospital. I have a heart problem, that's why you usually see me in the hospital all of the time, but they never told me what my problem was and I always wondered why! They wouldn't even tell me after I begged them for an hour straight!

As I headed to town I saw a path in the woods, I couldn't wait to go into the meadow again. Since it's spring the flowers are blooming and the sun is still shining. I hopped through the path in the woods and ended up in my favorite place in the whole wide world. When the path cleared to a meadow, I started running to it's center.

 When I finally reached the middle, I couldn't breath. I laid down in the soft grass just to dream about other places like France and America, I lived in the England countryside so I don't know what the big cities are like. When I woke up it was almost 4 o'clock, I slept for a whole 2 hours! But it was good and I felt a lot better than I did before.

As I woke up I saw a white bunny, it was so cute, but it was wearing clothes and carrying a pocket-watch... How strange. It was looking at it's clock and then ran away. I got up to my feet as fast as I could and ran towards it. I kept following it into the forest, caring not of where I was. Then I saw it was going to fall down a hole I had to catch it before it gets hurt! I ran towards the bunny and the whole with all my might and at the last step before I could jump I felt pain, that pain of darkness of death in me. I fell face first into the hole. I couldn't breath and I most certainly could not move and get away from falling into that hole. My heart felt like it was giving up on the fight and I knew I wouldn't last this fall, not now not with anyone around to help me. Just then I realized how fragile and weak I was, how I could never live without someone looking after me. My final moment was now and I should have been thinking of how amazing my life was, but to tell you the truth my life sucked and even though I should be thankful to have lived and had the joy of such wonderful parents, my life was based on a hospital bed. And even though this was my last moment, I cried feeling nothing but self pity.

At least I had an amazing family and a decent hospital room.