Act Like A Baby, Be Treated Like One (Baby!Harry, Baby!Zayn)

Prompt: If you can do you think you can do one where Zayn and Harry are just acting bratty and throwing tantrums and just misbehabing like children and so when they act like that the boys make them be babies for the rest of the week, and could you make it where the boys have made them do it before so they kinda know what to expect and they beg them not to go through with it? (It would be amazing if you could add in a spanking to Zayn for shoving Niall after he tried to feed him, and a time out to Harry for trying to take off his nappy.)

A/N: I'm SUPER sorry this took so long. I hope this makes up for it. (:

The past two weeks had been absolutely horrible. Out of nowhere, Harry and Zayn both started to sink back into their cocky, selfish personas, and it was annoying the other three band members to no end. At first, they had given them the benefit of the doubt, thinking that maybe they were just stressed. It happened to everyone at some point, after all. But, after the irritating behavior continued for so long, Liam, Louis, and Niall knew that they were going to have a real problem on their hands. It was time to put an end to it all.

It was at dinner on a quiet night off that things started to escalate. You would think that having a day all to themselves would help with Harry's and Zayn's attitude, but that wasn't the case. In fact, they spent almost the whole day arguing about something or another. The other three had eventually given up and just went out for the rest of the day. Of course, when they came home, they found that Harry and Zayn were nowhere to be found. Their brand new television was also shattered to pieces, and it was clear not a bit of the glass had been cleaned up. They were all fuming, but not one of them said a word when the two boys in question finally came downstairs.

Saying it was awkward without anyone speaking was an understatement. It was beyond awkward, and quite honestly, they shouldn't have felt that way in their own home. They were basically a family, but that wasn't how they were acting.

"Do you want more chicken, Harry?" Liam finally asked, holding out the plate with the delicious smelling food on it. The curly-haired boy scrunched up his nose and shook his head.

"No."

Louis raised an eyebrow and looked down at his plate. Unlike his, it had no veggies on it at all. "How about some carrots, Haz? You like those."

"No."

Beside Harry, Zayn was simply picking at his food. He had his carrots, chicken, and potatoes, but he couldn't have taken more than two bites of the whole meal. Because Liam was the one to actually cook everything, he was a bit hurt that Zayn didn't want to eat it. He cleared his throat awkwardly and gave the dark-haired boy a small smile. "Does your stomach hurt, love?"

Zayn made a face, much like a moody teenager would to their parents. "No."

"Why aren't you eating your food, then?" Liam huffed. That was enough to get Niall's and Louis' attention as well, and they both turned to face Zayn with an expectant look. They were fully prepared with whatever sass he was going to throw at them.

Oh, and did Zayn have a sassy bone in his body. "Don't want it."

"Why not?"

"Because!" He finally snapped. He pushed the plate away and crossed his arms. "Don't want it."

Harry looked up at the outburst and followed Zayn's lead, pushing his own plate away as well. "Me either."

Niall let out a groan and gave both of them a stern glare. "Both of you are going to finish what's on your plate before you can get up. Understood?"

"You'll sit here all night if you have to." Louis added.

Zayn crossed his arms over his chest, and Harry looked down at the plate and bit his lip. It was like they were both pondering whether they wanted to obey or not. Obviously deciding not to, they stood up together and headed toward the stairs, fully intent on locking themselves in their rooms for the rest of the night. They weren't quick enough, and Liam and Louis - who were the closest - each grabbed a boy and sat them back in their chairs.

"Let me up!" Harry spat, pushing against Louis' hands with a whine. The older boy shook his head and promptly pushed the chair closer to the table. Liam did the same with Zayn, and they remained standing behind them, willing both of them to eat.

They could have sworn they were getting somewhere, but only seconds after bringing them back to the table, Zayn and Harry had had enough. They picked up their plates and pushed them onto the floor. Not only did it make food go everywhere, but the plates were also completely broken beyond prepare.

"That is it!" Niall barked. He left his place at the table and grabbed Zayn and Harry by the arm, pulling the troublemakers to their feet. "This ends now! Both of you better go upstairs and wait in your rooms until we say you can get out!"

Although Zayn and Harry weren't pleased by the order, they could tell Niall was serious, and it wouldn't do any good if they didn't do what he said. Mumbling curse words under their breath, they stalked off upstairs, slamming their doors loudly.

Louis and Liam brought their hands up and rubbed at their eyes. They were all tired of the way they had both been acting. This had happened once before, though.It was just a few months ago, and the treatment had worked surprisingly well. It was actually quite simple. If Harry and Zayn had their dignity stripped of them and weren't allowed to do anything for themselves, they would eventually give in and lose the attitude. Just to make sure the lesson really sank in this time, they would have to do it all for longer.

"Are we all thinking the same thing?" Niall spoke up. Louis and Liam immediately nodded in agreement, making Niall sigh. It really was the only way. "Let's just... clean up this mess first."

It didn't take long to get rid of the mess. The food was easily picked up and disposed of, and they carefully picked the sharp pieces of the plate up so they didn't accidentally cut themselves. When everything looked the way it had before the incident, they went ahead and cleaned up their own dishes. It would give Zayn and Harry more time to calm down, and hopefully, they would be able to apologize.

The last time the punishment was dealt, they had bought everything they thought they would need to take care of a real baby. Bottles, dummies, even nappies that would fit both boys. They stopped in Niall's room to grab the box of baby things and make sure they still had plenty of what they needed. They did, and they only had one thing left to do before they went to go see Harry and Zayn.

"Where should we set up the playpen?" Louis questioned, grabbing the slighly larger box. It was more of a pack and play, which was a portable playpen. They didn't want to spend money on adult size cribs, so a large playpen would be able to hold both of the boys just fine while keeping them in one place as they slept. Besides that, it took up less space, and it was much easier for them to move downstairs in the living room if need be.

"In here is fine. It's where they'll be sleeping, anyway." Niall nodded. "Ready for this?"

"Ready!" Louis and Liam both chirped.

They decided on going to Zayn's room first, knowing from experience that he was the easiest to deal with. He tired out more easily and didn't put up as much of a fight. Besides, he was the leader of the two. Liam swallowed the lump in his throat and held the baby things behind his back, hoping to hide them so they could talk to Zayn first. They wanted to make sure he knew this was for his own good and not because they wanted to be cruel.

"Zaynie?" Louis asked, opening the door. Zayn was seated on his bed, his arms crossed and a pout on his lips. They closed the door behind them, and Louis and Niall took a seat on either side of the raven-haired boy while Liam remained standing. All Zayn did in response was huff, making everyone but him smile softly.

"Remember the last time you acted like this?" Niall asked, setting his hand on Zayn's knee.

"Yes."

"So you know what we're going to do..."

Zayn scowled and slapped his hand away. "You aren't doing this again! I'm the second oldest, and I don't need to be punished!"

"Zayn-" Liam started, only to be faced with a seething lad.

"No, Liam! I'm tired of this shit! Damn it, I'm a grown man! I could leave if I wanted to!"

Louis rolled his eyes. "You would leave over a punishment?" He snapped. He immediately regretted it and dropped his voice. "Just make it easy on everyone, babe. One week acting little and you'll be fine."

All three were hoping that Zayn would give into it. After all, it was starting to get late, and he was always the first to fall asleep. Not a chance. Niall laid him down on his back and started to remove his clothes. Zayn kicked his legs and screamed, cursing and yelling everything he could think of. They somehow managed to get all of his big boy clothes off and got him into a nappy and onesie instead. He was still crying and struggling when Liam pulled the boy into his arms and popped a dummy into his mouth.

"Zaynie, come on..." He whispered, kissing his cheeks. "You're such a sweet boy. No more tears, now."

Zayn whimpered and shook his head, spitting out the rubber. "I don't like this!"

Niall took him into his arms and rocked him. "I know, boo. But if it's the only way you'll learn, we have to try. Now let's go get you tucked in." He patted the nappied bum in his arms and walked him to his room to set him in the playpen.

Surprisingly, Liam and Louis were able to get Harry into the same attire without much of a fight. The younger boy had heard everything and knew his fate, so he lay there and sniffled and cried, but he did cooperate well enough. Liam carried the devastated lad to Niall's room and set him into the playpen as well. Zayn was almost asleep already, though he had refused to keep his pacifier in his mouth. Harry obviously refused it as well, but the two 'babies' cuddled together, drifting off like that.

They looked innocent, but the others knew the morning would bring all new challenges.

~

"Zaynie, come on, please open your mouth." Louis begged. Just like before, Zayn shook his head and pushed the spoon away from him.

"Fuck you. I'm not a baby!"

Louis scowled and set the spoon down in the bowl again. This had been going on all morning, but Zayn refused to eat a single bite. He and Harry had both woken up cranky, but they were dry, causing the boys to frown. They were going to have a scene, they just knew it.

Niall, who had miraculously gotten Harry fed and patted Harry's bum to allow him to go watch cartoons, peeked over and frowned. "What's the problem?" He questioned, setting his hands on his hips.

"Baby won't eat." Louis stated simply. Zayn scoffed at him and made a face.

"I can feed myself!"

Niall grabbed the spoon and sat on the chair across from Zayn's. Once again, they hadn't found the need to invest in a highchair. "Listen, /baby/. Little boys like you can't feed themselves. They need daddies to do that for them."

That was when Zayn knew he had enough. Without thinking, he shoved Niall as hard as he possibly could, making the blonde gasp in surprise. He hit the floor with a surprising thud. Zayn instantly felt guilty, and he tensed as Louis and Liam both helped the Irishman to his feet, who scowled and pulled Zayn over his lap.

"No! Please don't!" Zayn cried out, kicking his legs. Niall only shook his head and positioned the boy in his lap so his bum was sticking in the air.

"If you're going to act like a baby, you're going to be treated like one. Now you have to face your punishment."

The first hit was like wildfire to Zayn. The nappy had been pulled down to reveal his tan bum, and he could only lay there as Niall continued raining hits down onto his skin. He lost count after about twenty, but he did know that he started crying around that time. Thick, heavy tears streamed down his cheeks, in a steady rhythm. He had been spanked once before, but this was more painful and embarrassing than even that. This was /bare/. Finally, he gave into his punishment and stopped fighting. "I'm sorry, daddy!"

As soon as he heard the apology, Niall's hand stopped striking. He rested it on the curve of Zayn's bum - which was now incredibly red. The next step was to carefully pull his nappy back up and somehow sit him in his lap. He did both as lightly as he could, but Zayn didn't stop sobbing. He turned his head into Niall's shirt and simply let it all go. It wasn't only his emotions that decided to let go either. The nappy was drenched, which only made Zayn cry harder.

Niall felt the warmth in his lap and immediately knew what happened. "Oh, sweetheart... Do you need a change?" He kissed his forehead. "That's alright. Let's get you cleaned up and then have a nice, warm bottle."

For once, Zayn didn't complain. He just allowed Niall to pick him up and carry him up to his room to get a new nappy and a long, soothing cuddle.

~

During the duration of the day, Harry and Zayn fell into submission and finally started to straighten up. They didn't exactly cooperate as well as they should, but hey, it was something. Nobody had to be punished other than a ten-minute timeout to both for fighting over what to watch on TV. Harry also had a twenty-minute timeout for trying to take his nappy off, but he apologized quickly after getting out of the naughty chair.

"Why don't you boys pick out a movie to watch?" Niall offered, kissing the tops of the 'babies'' heads. They were good, so they deserved a little reward.

Zayn nodded instantly and scrambled off of the couch, hurrying to get to the stack of DVDs first. Harry was slower, though, but he eventually did get on the floor and start looking as well. As a rule, they had to choose a movie meant for children, so it was pretty hard to decide on something. They gave in and chose 101 Dalmatians, since they both loved dogs. Louis popped the movie in and volunteered to go make popcorn, leaving the two boys in nappies with Liam and Niall.

"Daddy?" Harry mumbled, blushing at the name that he was forced to use for the week. When Liam hummed in response, he sat down in his lap and leaned against his chest. "Can we cuddle too?"

Liam gave him a surprised look. "Of course we can! Why wouldn't we be able to?"

The curly-haired boy was silent for a time. His eyes fluttered slightly, and he let them close and rest for a few seconds before he opened them again. "Because I was bad." He finally mumbled out.

"So?" Liam's brows furrowed. "We all make mistakes sometimes. That doesn't mean we stop loving each other, right?"

"Right... But I was really bad. That's why we're babies for the week."

Liam cupped his cheeks just as Louis returned with the large, full bowl of popcorn. Zayn went to his lap happily and started to pop a few pieces into his mouth. "Love, it's okay. Punishments are for learning what you did wrong and making sure you don't do it again."

Harry finally nodded and gave him a small smile. "Promise?"

"Of course," Niall spoke up. "Just because you and Zayn are being punished doesn't mean we love you any less."

"We love you whether you're babies or big boys." Louis chipped in.

Normally, Zayn and Harry would have been trying to con their way out of nappies and cuddles, but this was something special. They were surrounded by a warmth and love they had never gotten before. All five of them relaxed together on the couch, holding each other as they watched the movie.

~

Exactly one week later, the punishment was over, and Liam and Niall took off Zayn and Harry's nappies. The playpen was packed up, all baby things were washed and returned to the box, and all traces of baby behavior were gone. Zayn and Harry were back to normal.

"Hey, boys?" Harry asked, smiling up at the three. He had started thinking of them as 'daddies', and he actually had to try hard not to call them that.

Niall hummed in response and nodded. "Yes?"

"Thank you."

Louis gave him an odd look. "For what?"

Harry and Zayn both stood up and wrapped their arms around the others. They hadnt had a good group hug in a whole, and it was about time they had another one.

"For wanting the best for us." Harry whispered.

Zayn nodded in agreement and kissed the tops of everyone's heads. "We have a weird family. I love it. I love /you/."

"We love you too." All of them echoed, hugging each other tighter. Punishment may not always be fun, but at least good things came out of it.