Wake Me Up (Baby!Louis)

Prompt: Can you do one where Louis has a car accident and gets brain damage and thinks he's a baby and the boys have to take care of him, but Harry has a hard time 'cause him and Louis were in a relationship before the crash and the boys find Harry trying to intimately kiss Louis.

A/N: No Louis in a while, so here we are! This was one of my "lost prompts" as I've come to call them. Half of them got deleted, so I'm going back through the chapters and finding them to write again. Hopefully the reader who requested this still wants it. :P

"Have any of you heard from Louis?" Harry asked worriedly, looking down at his phone for the fiftieth time in the last few minutes. Niall set a hand on his shoulder, but he only shrugged it off, too worried about his boyfriend to accept any kind of comfort. "He was only running to the restaurant. He should be here by now, right? Right?"

"Haz, you need to relax," Liam sighed. Even he, the more sensible one out of the group, was starting to get worried. It had been a while, and Louis had promised he was only going to run to pick up the pizza and then be back. Even if he had gotten sidetracked, there was no reason for him to be ths late. Not unless something serious happened. "I'm sure he'll be here any second. His phone probably just died, yeah? You know how he is."

Harry nodded, but it was easy to see that he still wasn't content. How could he be? His boyfriend could be lost or hurt or... or attacked by fans. That wouldn't exactly be a first, but now he was alone. He was practically having a fit on the couch when Paul walked in, his face drained of color and a frown on his face. He looked toward Harry first, who immediately looked away and stared at the ground instead. "I have some bad news, lads."

Harry broke down crying before he could say anything else. "It's Louis, isn't it?" He demanded.

"Harry, listen-"

Liam and Zayn literally had to hold the youngest band member down so he wouldn't run out of the room. He was already sobbing, making large, gasping noises that could make anyone's heart break. Niall winced, walking over to Paul and whispering something in his ear. Paul whispered something back, and almost immediately tears appeared in Niall's eyes. "Oh." He whispered, scooting back to his previous seat on the couch. Paul left without another word, making Harry cry and fight even harder.

It took more than half an hour for them to get Harry calmed down enough to where he didn't look as if he was some kind of feral teenager. His breathing was still ragged, but it was slower, and his heartbeat was slowly starting to return to normal. "I want Louis." He whimpered.

"Harry, I need you to listen to me, yeah? I'm not going to tell you if you're going to freak out again."  Niall stated. Harry gave a brief nod, curling up with his knees against his chest. "Louis was in an accident. He's alright... Paul said the doctors moved him to a normal room just to make sure that his injuries were going to heal by themselves. He isn't in any immediate danger."

"Thank god. Let's go see him!" Harry cried, once again trying to get up. This time, Niall was the one to push him back down.

"You need to listen closely, mate. When he was in the accident, they think he hit his head. There's no serious damage, but he was acting differently before he fell asleep. Babbling, sucking his thumb, stuff like that."

"Babbling," Harry repeated, sniffling and wiping tears from his eyes. "What does that mean?"

"They won't know until they observe him for a while longer. I don't want you to be surprised if you get there and see that he isn't himself."

Despite the seriousness of the situation, Harry waved off all of the concerns and was the first to hop into Liam's car, waiting to get out of there as fast as he possibly could. The problem hadn't exactly clicked in his mind, at least not yet. He was expecting to get to the hospital and see a few cuts and bruises, maybe a little IV or something like that. He would still have his gorgeous Louis to take home the next day and cover with happy kisses and cuddles. He thought about that all the way to the hospital. He could practically imagine Louis giggling and pushing at his hands, but he would just hold him closer and remind him how much he loved him and how happy he was that he was okay. That was exactly how things were going to go; there was no doubt in his mind.