Don't Knock It Til You Try It (Baby!Zayn)

Prompt: Can you do one where Zayn is the baby and he does everything a baby does but he starts to refuse a bottle and one of the boys can actually breastfeed him?

A/N: So... yeah... this is more like a drabble, but hey, it's something. I also tried to make it as realistic as possible, because that's what I do.

Zayn popped his dummy in his mouth as he rolled back and forth on the floor, playing with one of his toys that moved all by itself. Every time it moved, he would let out a squeal and giggle, then reach for it to make it move again. If it didn't, he would get to his hands and knees again and crawl to it, and the process would start all over again.

"What's my baby boy doing, hm?" Harry cooed, kneeling down and grinning. Zayn gurgled around his dummy and kicked his legs, not responding to what he said with anything other than a smile. The curly-haired boy scooped him up and pulled him into his lap, tickling his stomach to make him giggle. Sure enough, Zayn let out a loud, excited screech and started to kick again.

"Dada!"

Harry laughed and let his hands fall still. "I know, baby." He crooned, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

Zayn was dressed in his favorite power ranger pajamas, which was rare for him, seeing how he was usually more partial to onesies. Once in a while he would point to the closet and look up at one of the boys with wide, pleading puppy dog eyes, and they would get his pajamas out and get him all dressed in them. His nappy was still pretty noticeable, but it made him seem cuter.

After a few minutes more of coddling and cooing, Liam finally entered with a blue bottle filled with milk. Zayn didn't notice at first, too interested in playing with Harry's fingers to even hear Liam. But, when he was lifted up and into the older boy's arms, he squeaked and came face to face with Liam. "Day!" He announced, giggling as Liam gently bounced him on his hip. 'Day' was technically his way of saying Daddy. He just wasn't very good with the full word.

Liam hummed and stroked his dark hair out of his face. His fringe fell back over his forehead, but Zayn didnt seem to mind, so Liam decided to just leave it be. "Hi bug! Is someone ready for a bottle?"

Zayn let out a squeak of agreement. Laughing, Liam took his dummy out of his mouth and set it to the side, allowing him to press the nipple of the bottle to his lips instead. Usually, Zayn would grab it right up and start sucking, but this time he kept his lips together and simply stared. It was almost as if the plastic bottle was a completely new thing to him.

Obviously, his behavior was a bit weird, and Harry stood up to peer at their baby. "Zee? Don't you want your bottle, honey?"

"No." Zayn pouted, turning away.

The two figured that his stomach might not be feeling the best, and they set the bottle back into the fridge in case he wanted it in the morning. They didn't put too much worry into the whole matter. Louis and Niall went upstairs to tuck him into his crib, and soon enough, he was out like a light. Liam and Harry rattled off a brief description of what had happened, but they didn't seem worried either. If he felt alright in the morning, he would probably drink it then. No big deal.

At breakfast, though, Zayn completely disregarded the milk.

"Babe?" Niall asked, holding onto Zayn's hands before he could pick up any more cereal. "Are you feeling okay?"

Zayn nodded in response and looked down at their hands. "Food, baba..."

Niall gave him a skeptical look, but he released his hands anyway, and the happy boy continued eating. "Don't you want your bottle?"

"No."

It was pretty much how things went all week. Zayn would refuse his bottle but would at least drink from his sippy cup when he was thirsty. He would be calm as humanly possible one minute, but the second the rubber nipple came in contact with his lips, he would lose it. Once, Louis had even made the mistake of trying to press it between his lips. It was more than an hour before Zayn was finally all settled down again.