Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way (Sequel to Kidnapped)

** Hey guys..... sorry i havent updated in 4eva but i was SUPER busy..... uni has been a nightmare- becomin a dr is not easy. lol. N i also had d weddin.... but its ova now. (Not my weddin btw..... thats happenin after i graduate) So.. the weddin was stressful-mainly cos it was d first function where i was introduced to Nikz extended family as his fiancee and not Mrs n Mrs Khanz daughter. But its all done now. it was an OK weddin but hopefully mine will b more lively.

So this is the 1st chapter of the sequel to Kidnapped!.... obviously by the same author. :D. Ill try n get updates out sooner but i have my engagement party comin up so it may be at odd timings. Im really sorry guys but i cant help it. Im havin the family paarty over the weekend n the one 4 friends n younger family (18+) is 2nite..... jus goin 2 dinner then clubbin but since i love you all sooooo much i thought i shud get a few updates out. Anywayz..... Enjoy n let me know wot u think. xSx ***

[Melinda's Point of View]

I never wanted to wake up. Why did I wake up? It only brought me misery. Nathan was in a coma. The head injury he got during the ambulance crash had set it off. It didn't help that he also got the injury from the bullet.

I didn't cry once my parents told me. I can't explain why I didn't because I just don't know. Maybe I was out of tears. Okay that was corny. I don't know what to do.

I was out of the hospital after a month. Apparently I got some broken bones during the accident and they're not going to heal as fast as I wish.

With a broken arm I went to Nathan's room. He had the machines that helped him breathe. A nurse was helping him move so blood could circulate.

"Evening." The nurse said.

"Evening." I said and took a sit on the arm chair. "Can he hear me?" I asked the nurse.

She gave me a sympathetic look. "I like to believe so." She answered.

"Me too."

"Talking to him might help him." She said.

"I brought a book to read." I said taking out a book I checked out of the small library the hospital had.

I did this for the next three months. Until John said he was taking him to England to see a doctor over there that could help him.

I couldn't say no, I had no saying in this. John was his father and he has every right to take him.

On August Nathan left Los Angeles and was transferred to a private hospital in England.

"You need to go back to school." My father told me over dinner in the middle of August.

I looked up from my food and raised an eyebrow. "School?"

"You can follow your dream to become a midwife." My mom chimed in.

"Your life cannot stop because of Nathan." My dad said and he's right.

Nathan wouldn't want me to mope around. He would want me to go on.

Right now I guess is good to answer what happened to Juan and Cesar Rodriguez. Juan was caught and sent to prison for attempted murder and other stuff. Point is that I didn't have to marry Cesar. Cesar took over his father, he's innocent since he had no idea about the gun things. My mom went to his home to get my stuff back. I was back living with my parents.

I turned eighteen. So I'm eighteen.

After making some calls my dad got me into a community college. I didn't want to rush things and overload my life with so many things at once. A four year university would be too much for me.